Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Celebration of Eagles-Their Greatest Hits 71-75

Default Re: Celebration of Eagles-Their Greatest Hits 71-75

Eagles Greatest Hits was the first Eagles cassette tape I bought as a teenager. I then bought the Eagles Greatest Hits 2. My Mom surprised me when she said she has The Eagles Greatest Hits. I didn't realize she was a fan. We enjoyed a nice 2 hour drive to my sisters house listening to it one time.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    When this came out, I couldn't see the point of it. Why would you buy a greatest hits album when all the tracks were on the earlier albums (which I already owned)? I've never owned a copy nor known anyone who did.
    Well there you are. HC was the first Eagles album I bought. Then I bought GH some months later, because I ddin't have the earlier albums. I didn't buy them until after The Long Run came out. I never got it on CD though - I have the Very Best Of double CD.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I just had to have anything by the Eagles! But actually, I ended up playing it more that the other albums when I wanted to just listen to the hits. Of course that was before ipods and playlists! Come to think of it, compilation albums aren't really needed anymore, are they?!
    They are if you want a quick introduction. A lot of Genesis fans slammed R-Kive but for me it was a quick way to hear some Gabriel era Genesis, Banks, Hackett & Rutherford, before I went out & bought that stuff.

Being a child of the 80s (and not allowed by my parents to even purchase rock music until 1985), I had none of the Eagles album. This Greatest Hits album was the first Eagles CD I ever bought. I loved it so much I bought the second greatest hits and Hell Freezes Over shortly thereafter. It's an incredible album and deserves its position at the top. And to think... this was released BEFORE they even put out their biggest album, Hotel California!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Happy Belated 41st Birthday to Their Greatest Hits 71-75 yesterday. The Eagles best selling album ever!!

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yep - I want to belatedly recognize this anniversay as well. I think it's safe to say this album is responsible for turning a lot of folks into Eagles fans over the years - the biggest selling album of the last century. As Irving said in the HotE doc - that century is gone so nobody's gonna beat that!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016