Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: How have your Eagles opinions changed?

Border Troubadour

Default Re: How have your Eagles opinions changed?

I've read somewhere in the past that Smith is under instruction to play the old songs note-for-note, no placing his own mark on it, but on the LROOE material where he is the original creator, he can do what he wants. One example I see of this is the fact that he doesn't slide down the guitar neck when after Walsh does in the HC outro: Felder used to do this (in the 70s at least).

My opinions have changed greatly during the close to two year period I've been an actual fan so I'm not going to list everything.

Firstly, as a sort of reply to chaim, i didn't care for ICTYW either the first time I tried so I just ignored it.

Secondly I've gained appreciation for both the later songs on LROOE and lesser known album tracks from early on such as Jorney of the Sorcerer or Try and Love Again.

Thirdly the obvious: after knowing only really about Don and Glenn I've fallen for Timothy and grown quite fond of Joe.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    I've read somewhere in the past that Smith is under instruction to play the old songs note-for-note.
    The exception is Love Will keep Us Alive. I prefer Steuart's guitar break. In fact, I wish they'd let him extend it a bar or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    F50, why would you want Joe to leave the band? And who would you replace him with? That pretty much blows my mind!
    I want to hear some new music from Joe. Judging by Long Road Out Of Eden, even if the Eagles make some new music, Joe's contribution will be minimal.

Joe gets busy when the Eagles break touring. Ringo's got a new album coming out at the end of March. Joe's written more songs with Ringo than he has with the Eagles. The new Eagles dates probably mean the Barnstorm reunion is off too.

The band seem content to play the same tunes, to the same audiences, in the same cities in perpetuity (I had to look that up ).

Who could replace Joe? Bernie!

They could always drop the Walsh tunes and play a 2 1/4 hour set.

When the stage show is done, we'll have a stream of young actors being the Eagles. I don't know what the authentic Eagles will do when that happens.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    The exception is Love Will keep Us Alive. I prefer Steuart's guitar break. In fact, I wish they'd let him extend it a bar or two.

I want to hear some new music from Joe. Judging by Long Road Out Of Eden, even if the Eagles make some new music, Joe's contribution will be minimal.

Joe gets busy when the Eagles break touring. Ringo's got a new album coming out at the end of March. Joe's written more songs with Ringo than he has with the Eagles. The new Eagles dates probably mean the Barnstorm reunion is off too.

The band seem content to play the same tunes, to the same audiences, in the same cities in perpetuity (I had to look that up ).

Who could replace Joe? Bernie!

They could always drop the Walsh tunes and play a 2 1/4 hour set.

When the stage show is done, we'll have a stream of young actors being the Eagles. I don't know what the authentic Eagles will do when that happens.
    I got your point immediately. You're a Joe fan, and I can almost feel the frustration. And on Long Road Out Of Eden Joe was criminally underused.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

On the other hand, he was supposed to have One Day At a Time on LROOE, but he elected to save it for his solo project. I've often wondered if there were others he elected to keep to himself.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    I got your point immediately. You're a Joe fan, and I can almost feel the frustration. And on Long Road Out Of Eden Joe was criminally underused.
    I'm really surprised that other fans aren't frustrated. Glenn and Tim made two great solo albums after Long Road Out Of Eden. Don's solo album still hasn't got a release date.

However, If the Eagles manage to get Randy involved in the next USA leg of the HOTE tour, all the frustrations will disappear and my respect for the band will be restored to pinnacle levels.

ok a bit harshly put but I get your point F50
    and I agree Joe was underused on LROOE, then again he's a bit overused in the live shows which is also a minor annoyance for me

Stuck on the Border

I'm really surprised that other fans aren't frustrated. Glenn and Tim made two great solo albums after Long Road Out Of Eden. Don's solo album still hasn't got a release date.

However, If the Eagles manage to get Randy involved in the next USA leg of the HOTE tour, all the frustrations will disappear and my respect for the band will be restored to pinnacle levels.
    Joe released Analog Man.

I don't know whether to contribute to this topic or not. My main change of opinion seems to be that some songs which most people regard as sacred cows, I am just tired of them. I know that's heresy but it's how I feel at the moment. I also think the live show needs a shakeup.

I am frustrated that Don's solo album has been put back yet again!! But even if he did release the album, there is no guarantee that he would tour Europe (specifically London/Dublin) to promote it...

It would help if the Eagles decided to do another leg/mini tour in Europe to finish off the HOTE tour.....I know that this is their third time around the US (lucky people ) for the HOTE but I would love to see them one more time as I have only seen them once on this tour and its not enough - especially as I missed the start of that concert due to traffic!

Can only live in hope
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Well... i can totally say that i just recently REALLY got into them. i knew about them i loved the music but i was never INTO them know what i mean? i was watching netflix one day and i was like ok ill watch history of the eagles. one time turned into 5 and 5 turned into 15... what made me fall in love with Timothy was when he said that he had cleaned up and done the dishes before the film crew came by. i was like OMG i need to hug him lmao

now i have my spotify playlist of them on almost constantly and i have folders of pictures in my laptop old and new. its awesome to know about them and how they came along. Don Felder and the rest of them i had no idea who they were. i just thought it was the current 4. And Joe Walsh I didnt know he was part of them either. (yes i know. lol) i always thought Timothy sang Take It To The Limit. either way beautiful voices from beautiful men.