Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor Games - Ideas, Suggestions, and Feedback

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Survivor Games - Ideas, Suggestions, and Feedback

We started this discussion over in the last Survivor game thread. I thought it would be a good idea to start a new thread for this topic. We can use this thread to talk about any suggestions or feedback you may have for the Survivor games. Even if you're just plain sick of them, what are your thoughts?

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I'll start - I loved Sexy Girl's suggestion to do a "first impressions" LROOE Survivor game, and then follow up in 6 months to a year with another game to see if we change our mind or to give new board members a chance to play at a later time.

As far as solo albums, I am unsure about whether or not we should to do them all because we may not get as much participation. Maybe we could start by doing greatest hits compilations i.e. Actual Miles for Don, Solo Collection for Glenn, and Little Did He Know - Joe Walsh's Greatest Hits for Joe. For Tim, we could vote on which one of his albums to start with (you know - have a mini-survivor game to determine the order ). If that goes well, maybe we can do some of the more well-known ones. I also don't think it would be a very good idea to do all of one Eagle's solo stuff consecutively.

That idea about the solo songs sounds very good, Dreamer.

Greatest hits are usually those everybody knows - and if there are still some missing we could send some mp3s
    We'll have stars to wish on every single night
    We'll build a fire and make love by candlelight

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I've really had fun with the Survivor games. Lots of great comments and ideas about the songs.

As far as the next one, I think it would be fun to do some of the guys solo albums, but I don't have them all either. I'm working on that though. I have all of Don's and I think all of Glenn's except Soul Searchin'. I only have Timothy's latest and a greatest hits of Joe's. I think it would be best to alternate the guys works if we start with their solo albums. Don't want to overload on one of them too much!! (Although I don't think that's really possible!) Doing the greatest hits collections would be a good idea, too, I think.

As far as LROOE, I think it would be best to give us a chance to listen to it for a while. Let us mull it over for a few months. jmo
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I understand why some of you would like to have a chance to listen to LROOE for a while before doing a Survivor game. However, all along we are playing Survivor games for albums that are 30+ years old because that's all we've had. We've had years to reflect on these albums so that's what we are comfortable with. We have never had the luxury of new music until now. It would be very different to get out of that comfort zone and have to vote for some stuff that is new to our ears. Then 30 years from now (or even several months from now), we can come back to this board to see if our opinions have changed any. JMHO

Stuck on the Border

Dreamer's last comment about LROOE appeals. Yesterday I wanted to wait but today I think 'hey - why not'? It will be really spontaneous.

I agree it's a good idea to do Solo Collection, Actual Miles & Look What I Did (although that is a double CD). I don't have any of Tim's CDs.

I really like the idea of doing a LROOE Survivior Game! We have waited so long for this album it will be interesting to see what everyone's opinions are!

We could do Tim's Feed The Fire CD at some point.... His website www.timothybschmit.com has clips of all the songs on that CD. At least that would allow the people that don't have Tim's material to have something to go on. JMO of course

I really like the idea of doing a LROOE survivor after the album releas and then doing another one later. Like it's already been stated, I think it would be VERY intriguing to see what songs are most popular right away......and what changes down the road after people have had a chance to listen to them over and over again.

FP - I think we are talking about 2 different CD's of Joe's here. The one I'm talking about is a single CD with 15 songs. The name of it is "The Definitive Collection: Little Did He Know ... Joe Walsh's Greatest Hits", not the 2-disc anthology "Look What I Did". Here are the songs it includes:

1. Funk No.49
    2. Tend My Garden
    3. The Bomber
    4. Walk Away
    5. Midnight Man
    6. Mothers Says
    7. Turn To Stone
    8. Meadows
    9. Rocky Mountain Way
    10. Help Me Thru The Night
    11. Life's Been Good
    12. All Night Long
    13. The Confessor
    14. A Life Of Illusion
    15. Ordinary Average Guy

However, I'm pretty sure that most all of these songs are on the 2-disc anthology that you are talking about, so you could still play a Survivor game without having to buy another CD.

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah
    I really like the idea of doing a LROOE survivor after the album releas and then doing another one later. Like it's already been stated, I think it would be VERY intriguing to see what songs are most popular right away......and what changes down the road after people have had a chance to listen to them over and over again.
    Sounds good! I would like to do LROOE next even if it's hard when our opinions are not definite.
    As for me I don't have all the solo albums. I have most of Glenn and Don, but no album of Timothy and Joe.