Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Heaven and Hell" exclusive in The Times today

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Hmmmm... I'm still thinking about to order that book, not sure yet. It would be my first book in English language so I think it takes a while until I'm finished with it. Meanwhile it's been discussed to death here while I'm still reading.

I daresay, as FP speculates, that this is not a verbatim piece from the book. It is just a few things stuck together that were probably picked by the publisher and not Felder. And while the toilet paper story is old hat to some fans, people who are trying to decide whether or not to buy it may find it interesting and funny, and buy the book hoping for more amusing anecdotes.

Certainly I will wait until I read the book to judge it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

It's more or less a rite of passage to read this now. I'm not sure it will tell us much new.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Another thought I had that I meant to mention earlier is regarding the comment that Glenn made in the 70's that no one could suck the fun out of a room like Henley. I wonder if Felder will be fair and quote any comments from Glenn later when he says that Henley is a fun guy, and has a great sense of humor.

And OBTW, Brooke - I can't believe that I never showed y'all my 3E button.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    And OBTW, Brooke - I can't believe that I never showed y'all my 3E button.

And I would show mine, but considering how underage I was then-I don't want to get anyone in trouble!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    I daresay, as FP speculates, that this is not a verbatim piece from the book. It is just a few things stuck together that were probably picked by the publisher and not Felder. And while the toilet paper story is old hat to some fans, people who are trying to decide whether or not to buy it may find it interesting and funny, and buy the book hoping for more amusing anecdotes.

Certainly I will wait until I read the book to judge it.
    Perhaps some people will find that anecdote interesting and funny until they've been assured that it was first aired in 1979. Not to mention the 'Don had Richard Fernandez fired' bit which is straight from Eliot. The point is that Felder was a member of the band and one would have expected to be told something different instead of regurgitating the same old stuff.

People who were fans of the band in 1979 as I was have every right to feel that from what we have seen, not a great deal of effort appears to have gone into it. I don't want to prejudge it either, but this is supposed to be a 'taster' which is supposed to engage our interest.

And no, I don't think that very many positive comments will be quoted about Henley and Frey either about them or regarding what they said about each other.

What is a 3E button?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

It was here in the article:

While we were onstage, the road crew would scout the audience for willing participants and offer them backstage passes for what became known as the Third Encore – the party after the show.
    Later, Don [Henley] and Glenn took the system to a higher level of sophistication. Laminated passes were done away with – too indiscreet – and little buttons, with “3E” written on them in yellow English Gothic print on a black background were passed out by the handful. The message was that the Eagles were having a party and would like to invite these women back to their hotel suite. No boyfriends were invited.

I guess you don't have one EF?!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

What... a boyfriend or that button?

Ah yes, I've read it but didn't realize the meaning of "3E". It's the "third encore".

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Okay - If you guys insist, I'm going to share my 3E button with you. Molly, I assume you still have yours, too.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016