Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy's discography

Default Re: Randy's discography

I watched the movie on youtube and the song plays on the closing credits. It was cool and exciting to hear it in that context, esp. since I wasn't expecting it.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

How was the movie? It seems to have done quite well in some countries.

It was a cheesy B-grade "Flashdance Meets the Sopranos." The writing and acting were hokey. And speaking of cheese, the plot had more holes than a wedge of Swiss.

That being said, the movie did hold my interest, and not just b/c I was listening for Mr. Meisner's voice. I found myself wanting to know what would happen next, but then I'm kind of a romantic sucker for these types of stories. I was impressed there were some recognizable actors involved--Ami Dolenz and Len Lesser of "Seinfeld" fame, as well as others whose faces were familiar but I could not name. The lead role was played by Silvia Seidel, who was apparently a famous actress/dancer in Germany. The producers and composers appear to be well-known and respected in Europe. This wasn't some low-budget, half-ditch effort with a bunch of unknowns; this was a major deal. At least that's the way I see it.

As projects go, this was a feather in Randy's cap, IMO, even when if few here in the U.S. are aware of this movie. It was neat hearing snippets of him singing "Into the Night" here and there while watching it, and as I said before, hearing him sing during the closing credits.

Do you know how he got involved in it? It would be interesting to know how much $ it made. Most of the info I find is in German.

I don't know how the Randman got involved. I assumed - which is not recommended - that the composer must admire him/his voice, and that's why he was asked. Hopefully, when Mr. Meisner's life is back on an even keel, he'll speak. My hope is that he'll write his memoirs, but I'm a wildly optimistic person.

I just came across this gem penned by Randy and Allen Kemp and performed by Rick Nelson and Stone Canyon Band (sans Randy). I have never seen this listed anywhere in Randy's discography. Here's "I Wanna Be With You."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IKSqgMS4Dlk

Thank you! I only heard it once before. It's really good. To these ears, it sounds a bit like a speeded-up T.Rex.

You're welcome. It sounds like a great song to me, too. I'm not too familiar with T. Rex though.

You must be a young 'un. This is their most famous song in the U.S., maybe all over the world.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAtBrsdfnhs

Oh yeah, I know that song! Power Station did a great cover of it (that's the version I've heard more).

My apologies for going OT, but when I saw this, it reminded me of this thread.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Palace Concert Theater, Providence RI, 1972