Thread: Randy's discography

Default Re: Randy's discography

Aw, you're so sweet, NMB.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    ETA: I wonder if Randy and Jim recorded their parts together and how that went down, considering the Poco fall-out.
    So what do you think, after finding that interview of Mr. Compton? Sounds like maybe there wasn't enmity all those years between Randy, Jim and Richie.

Hopefully Rusty Young's autobiography will shed some light. His solo album will be released next month, and the original plan was to release his book at the same time. He doesn't seem to talk about the book anymore, so maybe that's on the back burner for now.

I don't know about enmity but didn't Randy say he hadn't spoken to Jim in 20 years when they reunited for the Legacy album? He said he thought the whole time that Jim was the reason he wasn't allowed to be part of that first mixing session. And Jim said he didn't know Randy was told he couldn't come to the studio. The whole time there was a misunderstanding about what was a major turning point in Poco (and Eagles) history.

I hope Rusty's book comes sooner than later.

A song, "Emerald City", by Jamie Reno with Randy singing background vocals.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0o8eQizZ4JY[/ame]

I actually could not find him credited on Sandy Salisbury's albums (although I read somewhere he contributed) but Randy does get bass credit on "The Second Millenium" album, according to allmusic.com. Randy also has a bass credit on Millenium member Lee Mallory's album, "Many Are The Times." Unfortunately, there is no specific track info. I could only ascertain by process of elimination that he plays on Chill of the Night and/or Everything's Gonna Be Alright b/c those 2 tracks do not appear on Mallory's other album, "That's the Way Its Going to Be" which has almost the exact track listing but no Randy credit, according to allmusic.com.

However, to complicate things more, Randy is listed on the credits of "That's the Way It's Going to Be, according to discogs.com. I don't know reliable any of these credits are; they all seem kind of thrown together.

https://www.discogs.com/Lee-Mallory-...elease/7925692
    The brilliant admin of the Unofficial RM FB page has found a Millennium 2 demo featuring Randy playing bass. It's a Lee Mallory song called "Love at Last." http://soundcloud.com/randymesinerun...l/love-at-last

P.S. stay tuned for the Soul Survivors song - it's excellent and dang, could that be Randy singing back-up on the chorus?

Thanks for that Millenium link, NMB.

Does he not sing lead on She's Got the Time (She's Got the Changes)? I don't have the liner notes since I downloaded it from iTunes. I'm pretty sure he sings co-lead on Feelin' Down; that definitely sounds like him.

The L.A. scene may have seemed really new to him; perhaps he felt a bit out of his element and didn't want to cause waves.
    Ok, I found verification about who sings lead on "She's Got the Time (She's Got the Changes") by The Poor. According to Tom Shipley in this 2009 linked interview, Randy does sing lead (although here the song is called "Time and Changes"). It may have well become a hit but for a DJ strike that occurred when the song was climbing the charts. Too bad--I always thought the song sounded like a hit single.

"Down in L.A.- The Brewer and Shipley Interview, part 2", The Strange Brew, October 2009

That's really interesting. I don't think it sounds like his voice, do you? But that could be the production, his youth, etc.

I thought it was his voice from the get-go, although there is something different from his usual sound. Maybe it has to do with the key.

NMB, I saw just on the news that mandatory evacuations in Key West are taking place. Stay safe and be careful! I hope and pray your home will be ok as well.

Stuck on the Border

How do you guys keep fining these videos ? ! Thank you so much I really enjoy them.

NMB - Please stay safe and best wishes to you and your family.

A very tardy thank you, New Kid and Delilah, for your good wishes. I didn't see your posts until now, I was on the run from Irma!

Back to Randyland: the amazing Unofficial FB page has discovered that Randy played bass on Waylon Jennings' 1970 album Singer of Sad Songs:
    https://www.facebook.com/randymeisne...bHTQuI&fref=nf