Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy's discography

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Randy's discography

If anyone knows how/what/huh? these recordings came to be, please fill me in. I can hear ... I think the term is bleed through from the other instruments, quite faint in the background. So these are not the master tapes, correct? The masters would have each voice and instrument in isolation, most of the time. Stop me if I'm wrong.

So are people using some kind of software on the finished recordings to isolate certain instruments? I don't even know if that's possible after something has been mixed down.

I wish I could help you out, NMB, but I haven't got a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    Congratulations, Delilah, on 1000 posts!!!
    Thank you, FreyFollower and everyone else. I think I'm gonna miss being a Border "rebel" though. I guess now I'm going to have to start behaving myself..

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Since Superbowl weekend is almost upon us (in the U.S.), let's enjoy Randy's Budweiser radio commercial from 1981. I love his little country boy yelps and his speaking voice at the end. https://www.facebook.com/meisnettes/...type=2&theater

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Since Superbowl weekend is almost upon us (in the U.S.), let's enjoy Randy's Budweiser radio commercial from 1981. I love his little country boy yelps and his speaking voice at the end. https://www.facebook.com/meisnettes/...type=2&theater
    How cool!! Thanks NMB! You can definitely hear his twang. And I just love his breathy voice at the end! Oh my...

He still sounds a little bit Southern when he speaks, at least to my ears.

ETG, did you see the video - filmed in late 2015 or January 2016 - of Randy sitting on a couch and speaking with his friend and musical collaborator Mitchel Delevie? They are talking about their song "The Best I've Ever Been."
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/meisnett...=page_internal

Mr. Delevie posted this on YouTube, but he didn't provide a date, so thanks for that. I wonder if Randy knew it would be posted in a public forum; he doesn't seem shy or nervous here, although at the beginning Mitchel does say, "Tell everybody what we're doing."

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Yes NMB, I have seen it before. But thanks for sharing here, I can always watch it again and again. Isn't it great that Randy is still working/writing music!! I would love to hear him sing this song. It seems to come from life experiences doesn't it? Can't seem to think but of his own.

He seems very comfortable. Yes, I believe sweet Randy knew it would be public. The song was actually done in 2003, and then the video went public in January 2016. It just appeared one day and vanished a few hours later.

Mysteries abound where all things Randy are concerned.

Oh, I didn't know the song was written that far back. I thought it was more recent like the video.

Yes, he is one mysterious man.

Following up on Delilah's comment in the John Beaudin thread: can anyone shed some light and details on whether Randy was involved with The Millennium and Sandy Salisbury albums?

OT: Randy isn't listed among The Millennium personnel on Wiki, but Pat Shanahan is. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begin_...llennium_album)