Quote Originally Posted by Fleurette767 View Post
I wish we had the entire DC concert. Ditto times 2000.

Still looking all over for a DVD of Kirshner or BBC. While BBC is mostly on You Tube, you know sometimes you just want to watch a show in continuity with all between-song cheers, anticipation, disarray, guitar changes, chords being plucked, or whatever. Frankly, I don't think I've seen too many of Eagles Kirshner videos on You Tube. I also hate that old 70s editing trick of the lens/frame opening up like a curtain as the song starts. It's like that on most of Eagles videos for Kirscher and as I recall other bands too. I know that's the old Kirsh trick but it's annoying here in 2015.

Finally JOE WALSH's Kirshner is so great. Just excellent through and through.
What a coincidence, I was looking at the DC videos on YouTube just now and made a bit of a discovery, which I mentioned in the HOTE discussion thread. But yes, I agree, I would love to have the unabridged version of that night.

The window and other editing at the start of the DKRC Eagles vids on YouTube doesn't come from the original footage, it's edited in to avoid copyright breaches since the uploader has no rights to display it, and the Eagles are slightly infamous for their dislike of things like that. You may want to check out this [ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Eagles-Earlybirds-DVD-NTSC/dp/B004TNNDM6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1431476862&sr=8-1&keywords=earlybirds+eagles[/ame] for the full DKRC performance, a concert from Holland in 1973 and all bar Out of Control from the BBC gig, in its original broadcast format.

And yes again, I too love Joe Walsh's DKRC appearance, the performance of Turn to Stone on it is sublime. Part of me wishes back in the 90s they'd hired Joe Vitale again, and not Scott (as much as I like Scott and his work).