Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 70s Live Shows

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Default Re: 70s Live Shows

California Jam... is that the one where they played outside? i kept going past that and didnt stop on it lol im gonna check it out. you guys are awesome thank you

I bought a dvd of Eagles Earlybird on Amazon and it has most of these shows on it. It's good quality and was not expensive. The Don K concerts were great and the Holland was great I thought.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I loved all of them and was so sad when I came to the end

Silver, did you see this one from Central Park 1973? It's one of two songs, that we know of. Randy is particularly gorgeous in this one (wasn't he always though?) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TUtUZTC9hs

Quote Originally Posted by SilverAcidRayne View Post
    California Jam... is that the one where they played outside? i kept going past that and didnt stop on it lol im gonna check it out. you guys are awesome thank you
    Yes, it is. Jackson Browne played with them as Don Felder was with his wife who was giving birth to their first child.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post

Silver, did you see this one from Central Park 1973? It's one of two songs, that we know of. Randy is particularly gorgeous in this one (wasn't he always though?) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TUtUZTC9hs
    ooooh he is pretty... lol he has such a great voice i love it

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    Yes, it is. Jackson Browne played with them as Don Felder was with his wife who was giving birth to their first child.
    oh thats right... i read that recently. i'm gonna watch that one also

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post

He certainly makes that Bass rock at about 2:05! Yah

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Out on the Border

That Central Park clip is amazing!! So true about the bass solo on that and that voice. Everyone was super energized in that song!

Out on the Border

I have the top three of HC era - Seattle, DC from the documentary and, Huston . I think my eyes have degraded from watching those old vids. The sharpness of DC is like a shock to the system sometimes.

I wish we had the entire DC concert. Ditto times 2000.

Still looking all over for a DVD of Kirshner or BBC. While BBC is mostly on You Tube, you know sometimes you just want to watch a show in continuity with all between-song cheers, anticipation, disarray, guitar changes, chords being plucked, or whatever. Frankly, I don't think I've seen too many of Eagles Kirshner videos on You Tube. I also hate that old 70s editing trick of the lens/frame opening up like a curtain as the song starts. It's like that on most of Eagles videos for Kirscher and as I recall other bands too. I know that's the old Kirsh trick but it's annoying here in 2015.

Finally JOE WALSH's Kirshner is so great. Just excellent through and through.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Fleurette767 View Post
    I have the top three of HC era - Seattle, DC from the documentary and, Huston . I think my eyes have degraded from watching those old vids. The sharpness of DC is like a shock to the system sometimes.

I wish we had the entire DC concert. Ditto times 2000.

Still looking all over for a DVD of Kirshner or BBC. While BBC is mostly on You Tube, you know sometimes you just want to watch a show in continuity with all between-song cheers, anticipation, disarray, guitar changes, chords being plucked, or whatever. Frankly, I don't think I've seen too many of Eagles Kirshner videos on You Tube. I also hate that old 70s editing trick of the lens/frame opening up like a curtain as the song starts. It's like that on most of Eagles videos for Kirscher and as I recall other bands too. I know that's the old Kirsh trick but it's annoying here in 2015.

Finally JOE WALSH's Kirshner is so great. Just excellent through and through.
    Given that BBC was a TV show & not a concert you will never find a version of it with all the things you would like. It was edited at the time & I strongly doubt that a 'raw' version exists.