Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: 70s Live Shows

Default Re: 70s Live Shows

Thanks so much for the info, bobinpcola! Wasn't Alex Karras later on some sitcom? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else. According to Wiki (not cited), only 3 episodes are known to survive from the show. Let's hope the concert footage with the Eagles is out there somewhere.

Another date to add to Randy's TV appearances topic!

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Oh, it wouldn't be fair if the Ronstadt footage survived and the Eagles' didn't! The clip that Dawn posted a while back has credits in German.

Mr. Karras was on a show called Webster. So was his wife. They often acted together. I remember him from the movie "Against All Odds" with Jeff Bridges, one of my faves.

Stuck on the Border

Oh my Gosh - I remember that show with Howard Cosell ! I did not know the Eagles were on the show. I remember Webster too ! Thanks Bob, I could not figure out the guy in the wig either. Boy, would I love to see footage of that show. I wonder what year they were on and what they sang. I think the show was only on a couple of years(73-75) maybe.

The Cosell Show was only on from like September 1975 (when the Eagles/Linda concert in San Diego was) to January 1976. 14 episodes I think?

There are two songs from Linda's set on YouTube. Maybe the Eagles videos were taken down? But I've never seen them on bootleg lists either.

Stuck on the Border

NMB - Interesting - thank you. I can actually remember watching the show but could not remember the exact dates it was on tv.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I've wondered who was standing behind Glenn in this photo (from the same concert at Balboa Stadium). At first I thought maybe it was Felder but his hair wasn't that wild. Could it be Joe dressed up for laughs? That doesn't look like his hand though (or his arm in the Flickr pic). Not sure about the guitar either.

That's Bernie behind Glenn in the photo; you can see him in the yellow shirt in some of the other photo. I was just 14 year old kid at the time of this concert but I regularly watched the ABC television show Saturday Night Live with Howard Cosell. This show was very memorable because Alex Karras was dressed up like a goofy caveman and he introduced each artist. That's the red wig dude, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Can anyone verify that a recording of the June 21, 1975 Eagles set at Wembley really exists? One can read a review of the bootleg, containing what seems to be specific details, but I don't know anyone who's actually heard it.

http://www.collectorsmusicreviews.co...creamer-04005/
    Well, good news. "Midsummer Music" is there on YT. Hopefully not blocked for you though:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AlJ0lCM3cO0

Quote Originally Posted by cosec3791 View Post
    Well, good news. "Midsummer Music" is there on YT. Hopefully not blocked for you though:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AlJ0lCM3cO0
    It's a miracle!!! Thank you, thank you!!!!

Attention Bernie fans: Blackberry Blossom was played.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    It's a miracle!!! Thank you, thank you!!!!

Attention Bernie fans: Blackberry Blossom was played.
    Please subscribe to the uploader. The channel owners are friends of mine also less than 20 years old, and have a HUUUGGEE collection of stuff. If you've seen the latest video in their channel, I got it for them!

Out on the Border

Saw this a while back in YT: Glenn & Jimmy Buffett singing Margaritaville at a high school with the famous cocaine verse.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QwXUexkwiI