Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: here we go again...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Default here we go again...

morning guys... you guys hear yet more rumors about Randy? this article was on my facebook this morning. of course i dont believe a word of it.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/04/29/eagles...alcohol-drunk/

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: here we go again...

Oh my! Who knows?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Thank you, Silver. Any news is good news? I don't know. Maybe some light will be shed one way or the other.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

This is posted in his retro Press thread, too! I'll copy my comment from there to here...

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    This should probably go in his Press thread rather than the Retro thread, but I can't move it.

TMZ doesn't often run an article on something they don't even think is true, so the very fact they are seriously doubting what this guy is saying means there is serious cause for doubt. They doubted what the man said from the start, which is why they went to Lana and Randy himself for comments (they seldom do that, too). I do know that people who are or used to be close to Randy have their own agendas and thoughts on things and since they don't have all the facts, it's hard to take them too seriously.

All I can say is what Nancy posted on here before. We do not know all the facts, and it would be grossly unfair to Randy to make assumptions, good or bad, and because we all love Randy so very much, it would be easy to try and blame someone else if he really does or did have such a problem.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

NightMist... you're absolutely welcome

But yeah... TMZ haven't really been that trustworthy. i always say unless we hear from the people themselves then dont pay it no mind. BUT in this case there's been so many rumors about him we don't know what to believe

We can only hope this is Not true. But who knows from what's been on the internet lately. I can only say I don't believe it unless it comes from the source.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Default Re: Randy Meisner in the Press - Retro Edition!

Please God let this not be true. It's TMZ. They're often full of it.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/04/29/eagles...alcohol-drunk/

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Stuck on the Border

My two cents...

I hope that people (and the media) won't keep repeating the "I'll take all the pills at once" thing like a mantra just for the shock value. Number one, it can be a scream for help. Number two, people do say stuff like that. I hate to mention this in public, but one person close to me (24 years older than me) kept repeating "I'll take all my pills" to me throughout my childhood. I've seen it, so it's not SHOCKING to see that Randy has said this (if he has). I've seen another person threaten to kill him/herself in a terrible way. Neither one was actually going to do it. These were passing situations, and I certainly won't be remembering them as "shocking incidents" that will haunt me the rest of my life. The thing is to get better. The only thing that counts is that Randy's going to be well and happy if he isn't at the moment. He's a human being. Plus, he's still Randy bloody Meisner.

If anything good can come out of a situation like this, I hope that more people will recognize that this guy played and sang on all the Eagles albums except The Long Run when they were first together. He's criminally unknown.

It is wonderful to see that so many people wish Randy well - not only on this forum. I do know that he has always had a dark side, but perhaps that's the price for being such a sweet guy most of the time. Well, let's face it, who doesn't have a dark side. It just seems more shocking when a really sweet person has one.
    Last edited by chaim; 09-07-2015 at 02:27 PM.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Thank you, chaim - wonderfully said. I hope that Randy will have the opportunity to tell his own story, if he chooses to do so. No one can tell it but him.

Banned

There seems to be very little about this on the internet.
    Without L&M's Fast Lane page, I may have missed it altogether.

Maybe they intentionally publicised this as all the Henley/Walsh hubbub is going on. Both sided of the Meisner dispute have settled out of court with no further comment.

I hope it's good news, I presume so.

http://lawestmedia.com/lawest/settle...-probate-case/