Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: here we go again...

Banned

Default Re: here we go again...

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Funk, Catherine Falk is an advocate for protection of the elderly and other vulnerable people from U.S. conservatorship practices/laws. She is advising Randy and his wife on their current legal difficulties.

Ms. Falk is the daughter of actor Peter Falk, who died from Alzheimer's several years ago. Mr. Falk's children were not allowed by his (second) wife to visit him in the final years of his life.
    Thanks NightMistBlue, it looks like Ms. Falk wants to help family members who want the opportunity to visit relatives yet Randy doesn't want any contact with his immediate family.

Now it's September, I think some judgement in Randy's case is due.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

There are several hearings scheduled for this month, but I'm not sure when a final decision will be reached.

Quoting the Funkster: "... it looks like Ms. Falk wants to help family members who want the opportunity to visit relatives..."
    That's true, she works as an advocate for visitation laws and also to raise awareness on cases of conservator neglect/fraud.
    Last edited by NightMistBlue; 09-03-2015 at 11:22 AM.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I was surprised by her references to bi-polar disorder, alcohol abuse and prior drug use at the beginning of her post. Has Randy discussed or admitted to any of these conditions? Her position should be that he is in good physical and emotional health and is being appropriately cared for by his wife and doctors - full stop. She needs to coordinate with his lawyers and PR people!!

p.s. The Funkster! Love it!!

Edit: OK, now that thing she wrote appears to have been deleted since two days ago - Soda and Shun must have seen it, too, though. It's not there now. Guess she did hear from his lawyers.

Hi Mary! I was hoping you'd check in, counselor

AFAIK, Randy doesn't have PR people. No management either. I haven't ever read or heard him speak about substance abuse.

Snap! I missed that posting where Catherine said that stuff. Before, she's spoken of those issues within the context of: this is what the petitioners have said about Randy.

Catherine's own view is that Randy is clear-minded and on a healthier path. In her previous posts on Facebook - at least the ones I've read - she's said in a general way (not referring to Randy) that someone having an alcohol or drug issue is not reason enough for someone else to step in and take conservatorship.

Mary, do you have any work experience with conservator cases? I know very little about it, but some of stories on CF's site are appalling. People lose their civil rights and all their money sometimes.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Nope. I do business contracts.

Stuck on the Border

My two cents...

I hope that people (and the media) won't keep repeating the "I'll take all the pills at once" thing like a mantra just for the shock value. Number one, it can be a scream for help. Number two, people do say stuff like that. I hate to mention this in public, but one person close to me (24 years older than me) kept repeating "I'll take all my pills" to me throughout my childhood. I've seen it, so it's not SHOCKING to see that Randy has said this (if he has). I've seen another person threaten to kill him/herself in a terrible way. Neither one was actually going to do it. These were passing situations, and I certainly won't be remembering them as "shocking incidents" that will haunt me the rest of my life. The thing is to get better. The only thing that counts is that Randy's going to be well and happy if he isn't at the moment. He's a human being. Plus, he's still Randy bloody Meisner.

If anything good can come out of a situation like this, I hope that more people will recognize that this guy played and sang on all the Eagles albums except The Long Run when they were first together. He's criminally unknown.

It is wonderful to see that so many people wish Randy well - not only on this forum. I do know that he has always had a dark side, but perhaps that's the price for being such a sweet guy most of the time. Well, let's face it, who doesn't have a dark side. It just seems more shocking when a really sweet person has one.
    Last edited by chaim; 09-07-2015 at 02:27 PM.

Thank you, chaim - wonderfully said. I hope that Randy will have the opportunity to tell his own story, if he chooses to do so. No one can tell it but him.

Banned

There seems to be very little about this on the internet.
    Without L&M's Fast Lane page, I may have missed it altogether.

Maybe they intentionally publicised this as all the Henley/Walsh hubbub is going on. Both sided of the Meisner dispute have settled out of court with no further comment.

I hope it's good news, I presume so.

http://lawestmedia.com/lawest/settle...-probate-case/

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

yes I saw this... its awesome news lol

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Well, I'm glad that the case has been resolved. Again, I say that I hope that outcome was whatever is best for Randy.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time