Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: here we go again...

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: here we go again...

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    For what it's worth, Don Felder, who has said before that he remains friends with Randy posted the latest TMZ interview on Facebook with this comment:
    Oh, and Felder should stay out of this. True or not, the allegations are serious. This unfortunate situation is not the right opportunity for him to highlight his connection to the Eagles on social media. I have no doubt that Randy is truly his friend, but he is putting himself in a horrible position if there ever turned out to be any truth to the allegations.

Banned

It's possible that Felder was asked to post the TMZ link by the Meisners. More intervention by Felder wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia
    It is absurd that the person who is supposedly the victim of emotional/physical/financial abuse is interviewed IN THE PRESENCE of his alleged abuser! Who thinks that is a good idea, or has any value whatsoever??!!
    If the Meisners insisted on a dual interview, it's still a step in the right direction.

Somebody is going to investigate the allegations a little more thoroughly, aren't they?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I don't want to start a discussion on that statement because with it comes a lot of opinion on several aspects of it that will end up being a discussion on aspects of Randy's life that don't need to be discussed in a public forum.

As is always the case, regardless of the situation or people being discussed, when there are two sides, both sides will be a lie, both sides will be the truth, and reality is often just a perception that is heavily influenced by experiences and prejudices. Even a judge making a final ruling in either direction won't mean it gives us the answers some of us are looking for.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Out on the Border

I find it interesting the Don Felder website removed the
    TMZ video. It had over 260 comments at one point, including a response by Dana Meisner. I shall refrain from speculating, but pray for a resolution.

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

It's very sad that the entire situation has come to this. I hope the right thing happens on July 1, whatever that might be, and everyone can move forward and deal with the decision that's made.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

yeah. i thought it was all over. i just think the man needs some kind of peace. he's in his golden years he should be

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SilverAcidRayne
    Meisner said he is not worried about his spouse abusing him.
    This seems to be the crux of the argument. He's not worried, a lot of other people are.

Thanks for posting the link SilverAcidRayne.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    This seems to be the crux of the argument. He's not worried, a lot of other people are.
    Well, he's reportedly said different things also. But hopefully the court will sort that out.

I wonder if this article is an accurate representation of the evidence that was presented. It seems weak. Mary California, what do you think?

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I started to post last night and then decided not to. All I can say is that there HAS to be more information in the court filings than what came out in yesterday's article. Agree with NMB that the reporting is weak - they obviously didn't have access to the pleadings. I don't know what the judge means, "I want to protect people like you." Like what? There must be an allegation of diminished capacity with some alleged facts to back it up that wasn't mentioned in the article, and this is the important bit. TMZ will probably post the legal pleadings eventually.