Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey ya'll

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Hey ya'll

*please read the title in a (American) southern accent. *

Hello everyone. I'm Kim. As you can probably tell from the title of my thread, I'm from the American south, Georgia to be specific. I'm probably fairly young compared to most here. (I'll be 20 in September. The 95 in my username refers to my birth year). I'm currently trying to figure out what to do with my life. (College and the like).
    As for the Eagles, my parents were (one still is) late baby boomers. They were teenagers in the 70s. Until I was a teenager, their music was the only music I knew. Even though I have developed my own tastes in some ways(I love heavy metal and its subgenres), I still love my parents' music. To me, there's nothing better than the sound of the rock music from 1968-1977 (the bulk of my music tastes are from around that time frame ). Glenn Frey is my favorite Eagle (his nickname as the teen king still stands ), but I love all 7 Eagles.

As I said above, I love music. I collect cds, records, and cassettes. I have about 500 cds, 250 records, and 70 cassettes. Different Eagles related albums are scattered throughout the collection. I've been through some personal tragedies, abuse and other not so nice stuff, and music got me through it. That's where my avatar comes from.

As for other things about me, I love sports, particularly baseball and football. I'm somewhat of an avid reader. When I get into a good book, I can't put it down. I have a mild form of Cerebral Palsy (physical disability), but luckily, ot doesn't hinder my life much. My nickname is motormouth because of my adhd.

So yeah, that's all I can think of. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. . I look forward to talking about one of my favorite bands.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Hey ya'll

Welcome, AG95! Hope you like here!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Welcome!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Welcome AG95 Enjoy

"Leave Me Be I'm Just Walkin' This Line....Out On The Border"

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Thanks for the welcomes!

Is there a thread for fan art of the band?

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Welcome, AG95 !!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Welcome to The Border!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thanks again for the welcomes. I'm already starting to feel at home here!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

A belated welcome from me. I was going to ask how you heard of the Eagles but I think you answered that above. So instead I'll ask what prompted this current intense interest in the band? I'd assumed it was the documentary but if you've only just seen it, that can't be why.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    A belated welcome from me. I was going to ask how you heard of the Eagles but I think you answered that above. So instead I'll ask what prompted this current intense interest in the band? I'd assumed it was the documentary but if you've only just seen it, that can't be why.
    Thanks for the welcome UTW!

Well, for this to make sense, you have to know something. Even though I loved the band's music, I'd never seen a picture of them (at least one that wasn't the Desperado cover). I vaguely knew about Don H, and I knew a bit more about Glenn Frey(ie: the song Smuggler's Blues ), but apart from that I knew nothing else. I just loved the music. Heck, I thought that Don Henley did all of the singing .

Then, about 6-8 weeks ago, I was at my uncle's house. He was using youtube to try and stump me on songs. He'd play the song, but then he'd cover up the screen until I got it right. About the 5th round of this, he played the Boys of Summer video. I knew the song, but forgot who sang it. He uncovered the screen and there was Don! My reaction "That's Don Henley?!" Not a bad looking man!
    Anyway, I had Boys of Summer stuck in my head for days. Around the time that I managed to get that song out of my head, I had the Eagles live on vinyl that I had just gotten and I was looking at it when a poster fell out (I didn't know that there was one inside ) who's face popped up, but Glenn Frey's! I looked at him (Long Run era) and was like: ... ... At that time, I was waiting for 2 records to come in: Hotel California and the Long Run.
    Then I remembered the Smuggler's Blues song. I used my smartphone and found the video for it. When I saw Glenn with that stubble, I was like . I was hooked!
    Then, for about two weeks, I poured into research about Glenn and Eagles. I found out that Glenn was a singer as well in the band. He sang my favorite Eagles song, Outlaw Man and my namesake, Already Gone, which is probably my 3rd favorite Eagles song. I found out that Joe Walsh was a member . I've known the lyrics to Life's Been Good since I was 8 or so!
    The straw that broke the camel's back was seeing Glenn on Miami Vice. My uncle I watched part of it together online, and when I say Jimmy: ... that was it. I was now completely hooked, and possibly obsessed... and well, a month later, here I am .

BTW, the poster that really started this all is now above my bed, directly over my head as I typed this!
    Last edited by AlreadyGone95; 05-29-2015 at 12:15 PM.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time