Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What's your favourite moments from the HOTE tour?

Default Re: What's your favourite moments from the HOTE tour?

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    the most special musical moment for me is always the Doolin'-Dalton - Tequila Sunrise - Doolin'-Dalton/Desperado Reprise trilogy. I get chills every time I hear it, but I also get sad knowing that I probably won't get to hear it too many more times.
    This seems to be a pretty consistently special moment for many fans. It's a testament to the power of the presentation, the vocals, the instrumentation - everything they do works at this part of the show. It helps that the songs is a fantastic rarity, but at the shows I've been to, EVERYONE responds once this song gets truckin', not just the hardcores. It's fantastic.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    This seems to be a pretty consistently special moment for many fans. It's a testament to the power of the presentation, the vocals, the instrumentation - everything they do works at this part of the show. It helps that the songs is a fantastic rarity, but at the shows I've been to, EVERYONE responds once this song gets truckin', not just the hardcores. It's fantastic.
    It's the biggest reason I don't want to see this tour come to an end, and why we so desperately need a DVD of the show. If the tour ends and they don't keep Bernie on board, I'd assume the Reprise, at least, will disappear from the setlist.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Amen ladies!

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    If the tour ends and they don't keep Bernie on board, I'd assume the Reprise, at least, will disappear from the setlist.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Amen ladies!

Ditto
    VK

Border Troubadour

I agree with the five previous posts. I expect it to go regardless of whether Bernie stays in all honesty, the same for Those Shoes and a couple of others; I can't imagine Don, Glenn and LROOE material being dropped permanently and they would be the first to give way.

And, yes, a DVD would be absolutely wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    In LA, Timothy gave me his pick, and Glenns' son Otis kept having me help him find his friends, he thought they were next to me but were one section over.

In San Diego, the lady in front of me waved at Timothy when he came out, and he quietly sat down he gave her a very slow nod right as he started strumming PEF and our entire section saw it and was like, "AHHHHH!" It was seriously the most cool, rock star-dude move ever.

I had the exact same seat for both shows and will get it again if I go again! Row 5 on TBS' side, inside aisle seat. Nobody in front of me. I'm short.

DD/DR. PMAIAR. Those Shoes.

I want to meet some of my Border friends at a show.
    I got a pick from Timothy 3 times. The third time I got Expando picks. I always wave when he comes out and sits down for PEF and he either nods or points. At the end he usually waves at me on the way out

I almost swoon each time😍😍😍😍

Quote Originally Posted by TimFan222 View Post
    I got a pick from Timothy 3 times. The third time I got Expando picks. I always wave when he comes out and sits down for PEF and he either nods or points. At the end he usually waves at me on the way out

I almost swoon each time😍😍😍😍
    I need to think about this, TH222, I can't remember what concerts you've been to, but I swear I remember him doing that to someone. I can't remember which one it may have been! I've seen him smile and nod a time or two to someone I do know, but I remember him doing it to someone and I didn't know who.

I've been to DC 7/13, Pittsburgh, Seattle, Indianapolis, NYC (the first two in 2013), LA Forum (the first two), Raleigh, Cincinnati, Omaha, Des Moines, NYC (9/18/14), and Vegas (Oct. 2014). One or more of those has to be an overlap of yours? I suppose it's possible that Tim may nod or point at more than one or two people, though!
    VK

VA. The only overlap I see is Pittsburgh and Vegas Oct 14. Vegas was my only show not in first row so it was not that one. I think he did it in Sacramento, Anaheim and Columbus that I can remember. I got a pick in Pittsburgh, ( my first I almost passed out) ,Calgary and Expando pick in St Louis. He quit giving to me. I guess I'm old hat now . Just nice he acknowledges I am there. Have only 4 more.

Out on the Border

Oh well, it's back to good old work for a month for me tomorrow and then the countdown is on for my next holiday to Miami and Hartford
    I wonder if they'll announce more shows just when I'm flying home like they did when we left Australia, I don't think my bank balance could take much more

So many great moments hard to pick one. Like so many of you already mentioned, Doolin-Dalton/Desperado was almost a religious experience. I really enjoyed Bernie's appearance, the music was great and he seemed to be relaxed and enjoying the performance. I hope he is part of the future of the band. Although I have a fondness for Timothy, my very favorite performances were songs sung by Glenn.

Newark was my heart pounding concert. I went to the box office, literally last minute and scored a seat in the front row. Got an up close appreciation for all of the band members and their wonderful talent. On the down side, this experience created an addiction that caused me to splurge on concerts at MSG (musically the best of all of the concerts I attended), Anaheim and San Diego. Still money very well spent.

Looking forward to AC and possibly Miami. How do you get over the heart ache when it is over?