Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What's your favourite moments from the HOTE tour?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: What's your favourite moments from the HOTE tour?

Quote Originally Posted by Roey View Post
    How do you get over the heart ache when it is over?
    You don't. I think my approach will be to concentrate on how very lucky I was to see all the shows I did see, how absolutely great this band is, and re-live the memories. All while eagerly anticipating whatever the next thing from these guys might be.

Being here on The Border helps a lot with PEW (Post Eagles Withdrawal).
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Out on the Border

Smile Re: What's your favourite moments from the HOTE tour?

We just saw the band on May 20th in OKC. Loved every minute of it, but have to share what we thought was a funny moment in the crowd. After the guys had left the stage and come back TWICE, they finished up with Desperado. They waved to the crowd and left the stage and people began to file out of the arena. A lady in front of us said to her husband "don't you think they'll do an encore?"

There was a HUGE tv camera set up behind us and I'm pretty sure they are working on a DVD. Does anyone else wonder if that is part of the reason they wear the same shirts so much? They can video different shows and splice the best performances into a video and no one would be the wiser? Just a thought.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

bam, I think we are all hoping for a dvd, so I hope and pray you are right! But, they do wear somewhat different shirts some. But I don't care if there are discrepancies!

Glad you had a good time!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Troubadour

Didn't they spend all of the LROOE tour dressed like they were in permanent mourning? No official recording was ever made then...

(Not to put a downer on the situation, I'd be inexplicably overjoyed for a DVD of this tour )

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    Didn't they spend all of the LROOE tour dressed like they were in permanent mourning? No official recording was ever made then...

(Not to put a downer on the situation, I'd be inexplicably overjoyed for a DVD of this tour )
    The suits were worn for two years. By the time I saw that tour in 2010 they had gone. They were worn to create a specific image; they were obviously not worn because a DVD was being filmed.

It doesn't matter whether they are filiming or not. There is absolutely no excuse or reason for Glenn to wear that same blue shirt EVERY SINGLE FIRST HALF of every single show. It means that every photo looks identical. I will say no more except that if there were going to be a DVD it would have been announced by now. The lost opportunities they have had, while lecturing their audiences even more sternly on their no photos & phones policy, jar with me. Again there seems no point in saying anything else.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Why on earth would they announce a DVD of the tour while the tour is still ongoing and venues still need to sell tickets? Wouldn't they announce it shortly after the tour ends?

Also, just because a DVD wasn't released on past tours doesn't mean they weren't filming for one. The final product could have been scuttled for many reasons, including money/business issues, dissatisfaction with commemorating what might not be up to Eagles standards, etc...

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Why on earth would they announce a DVD of the tour while the tour is still ongoing and venues still need to sell tickets? Wouldn't they announce it shortly after the tour ends?

Also, just because a DVD wasn't released on past tours doesn't mean they weren't filming for one. The final product could have been scuttled for many reasons, including money/business issues, dissatisfaction with commemorating what might not be up to Eagles standards, etc...
    I agree, MC, and even if they had done that before, it doesn't mean they would do it again. As for why no DVD for LROOE, they didn't even include a song from it on the HOTE tour, which explains what they think of it. I'd guess they didn't feel it was worth it. Plus, I know they are careful about what they perceive to be oversaturation, which is why I worry that after the documentary on DVD, then the tour, they may elect to not put out yet another HOTE-related DVD. I'm hoping, praying that they do it anyway.

As for Glenn wearing the same shirt in the first half, when media pictures are allowed, I believe he does it so that every picture does look the same. What reason he has for that baffles me, but it's all a part of the complete dislike of photos being taken IMO.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post

Because before they came to Australia to film for F1, they announced they were going to do it. That was why I went to one of the Melbourne shows; I knew it was being filmed.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I agree, MC, and even if they had done that before, it doesn't mean they would do it again. As for why no DVD for LROOE, they didn't even include a song from it on the HOTE tour, which explains what they think of it. I'd guess they didn't feel it was worth it. Plus, I know they are careful about what they perceive to be oversaturation, which is why I worry that after the documentary on DVD, then the tour, they may elect to not put out yet another HOTE-related DVD. I'm hoping, praying that they do it anyway.

As for Glenn wearing the same shirt in the first half, when media pictures are allowed, I believe he does it so that every picture does look the same. What reason he has for that baffles me, but it's all a part of the complete dislike of photos being taken IMO.
    If they thought the LROOE album was so dreadful why did they tour it for so long? Why did they even release it, then?

There has never been oversaturation with this band. It has always been the opposite, in my view.

I pray they put out a DVD. This tour is so amazing it needs to be memorialized. WE need it!!