Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What's your favourite moments from the HOTE tour?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: What's your favourite moments from the HOTE tour?

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    If they thought the LROOE album was so dreadful why did they tour it for so long? Why did they even release it, then?

There has never been oversaturation with this band. It has always been the opposite, in my view.
    Personally, I really like LROOE, and a DVD of it would have been nice. I can see why they didn't, though.

ITA with you on the oversaturation, however I'm trying to remember the interviews back in 2012 that Glenn did, he mentioned it being something they wanted to avoid doing.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Personally, I really like LROOE, and a DVD of it would have been nice. I can see why they didn't, though.

ITA with you on the oversaturation, however I'm trying to remember the interviews back in 2012 that Glenn did, he mentioned it being something they wanted to avoid doing.
    I'm afraid I can't see why they didn't put out an LROOE DVD which I would have preferred to an HOTE DVD, frankly. We would have had a souvenir of those songs & a record that they were actually played live.

As for Glenn not wishing to have his photo taken at all, not even by the media who are just trying to do their job, perhaps it's time for him to consider whether he actually still wishes to do this any more. I know you were just speculating. If that's the reason he doesn't even want to change his clothes, I'll put it this way. It's sad.

I know how negative & harsh I have sounded in a couple of these posts. I have reasons which I would rather avoid discussing.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

FP - You continuously keep saying you don't want to be negative and will keep your feelings about the HotE tour to yourself, yet you repeatedly keep bringing it up. So pardon me for pointing this out, but if you keep discussing what you say you don't want to discuss, I think you make it pretty clear how you feel about it.

And as far as any DVDs, I totally agree with MC and VA. I think this band has proven over and over that past behavior is not a predictor of what they will do in the future. I also agree that this band has always been very careful about overexposure and oversaturation, but, personally, I would absolutely love to have a DVD of this tour. Maybe they'll repackage the documentary and sell it along with a tour DVD - kinda of a HotE box set.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    FP - You continuously keep saying you don't want to be negative and will keep your feelings about the HotE tour to yourself, yet you repeatedly keep bringing it up. So pardon me for pointing this out, but if you keep discussing what you say you don't want to discuss, I think you make it pretty clear how you feel about it.

And as far as any DVDs, I totally agree with MC and VA. I think this band has proven over and over that past behavior is not a predictor of what they will do in the future. I also agree that this band has always been very careful about overexposure and oversaturation, but, personally, I would absolutely love to have a DVD of this tour. Maybe they'll repackage the documentary and sell it along with a tour DVD - kinda of a HotE box set.
    You say I keep bringing it up. I'm not sure what I have actually said that was negative about this tour except that I thought the phone policy went too far & that I couldn't understand aspects of the wardrobe policy. In these last few posts I have talked about the lack of a DVD (and the wardrobe policy) Perhaps it was obvious that I didn't enjoy the shows I saw as much as everyone else on the board apparently did. That's my problem. I will shut up about it.

I have reasons which I would rather avoid discussing.
    Then why bring them up at all?

This also applies to your oft-used phrase "I will say no more" (or variations thereof).

I'm sorry, but it's a pet peeve of mine when people announce they have mysterious reasons or things they want to say, but that they aren't going to say them.

I know you don't intend it this way, but it comes off like you want to pique people's curiosity so that they will ask you for more information, either on the board or privately.

If you don't want to talk about something, then don't bring it up at all. Simple.

If you DO want to talk about it, that's another matter entirely. You are always welcome to express your opinions, even if they're negative - you just have to be prepared for the possibility that people will disagree with you. However, since this thread is about favorite moments, perhaps you could choose another thread in which to discuss your disappointments.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I just love it when they unleash the Wall o' Harmony, as in the "Lyin' Eyes" chorus. All of them singing together is a wondrous thing, still.

VA...besides being incredibly informative, you make me laugh...I work in the healthcare field managing medical claims for providers across the country...I am definitely submitting a request to assign a diagnosis code for the syndrome you described as P.E.W. (post Eagles withdrawl). Wouldn't it be nice if the treatment was a group encounter with the Eagles?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roey View Post
    VA...besides being incredibly informative, you make me laugh...I work in the healthcare field managing medical claims for providers across the country...I am definitely submitting a request to assign a diagnosis code for the syndrome you described as P.E.W. (post Eagles withdrawl). Wouldn't it be nice if the treatment was a group encounter with the Eagles?
    I can't take credit for it! The term was already in use when I started here!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Roey View Post
    Now THAT would be perfect! It could be addictive though! Who cares!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Banned

It doesn't matter whether they are filiming or not. There is absolutely no excuse or reason for Glenn to wear that same blue shirt EVERY SINGLE FIRST HALF of every single show. It means that every photo looks identical..
    What's the problem with Glenn's shirts?

At least he's not wearing a schoolboy uniform like Angus Young wears for every show.

I will say no more
    A response is not required, Freypower.

I'm not surprised that the Eagles haven't shown any interest in releasing another live DVD. The set list hasn't changed that much since they de-Feldered in 2001 and the background stuff that adds to the spectacle was probably provided by outside parties, who'll want and deserve a cut of the proceeds.
    I'm sure they'd be a market for a DVD though.

In basic maths, I reckon they'd have to sell about 10 DVDs for every concert ticket they sell to make the same amount of money.