Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: What's your favourite moments from the HOTE tour?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: What's your favourite moments from the HOTE tour?

The perceived problem with Glenn's shirts is the lack of variety, and that for the first half of the show, it's been the same tee shirt/over-shirt combination for 99% of the shows. For myself, I don't look at the clothes a lot. I will say that since he feels he needs to wear the same thing each concert, he's made a great choice. That color of blue does incredible things for his eyes.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

It's just I was spoiled when he used to wear such colorful and cool stuff... I mean, I like the blue shirt and it looks good on him, but you do kind of miss the flair he used to display regularly with his fashion choices.

But his changing shirts in the second half is a step in the right direction for sure!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    At least he's not wearing a schoolboy uniform like Angus Young wears for every show.
    Completely unrelated but I have to say, what's wrong with this? I love AC/DC, in my top 5 bands of all time. I love the fact they have not give in to fashion changes or changes in music and have put out consistent records of good ol' rock n' roll. Angus without the schoolboy suit wouldn't be the same, nor would it be the same without his duckwalk or his seizing on the ground antic or all of that. I love AC/DC, and have to say I can't see why anyone wouldn't like them if they like good hard rock n' roll like I do. Eagles are an anomaly for me, normally I prefer AC/DC, Aerosmith, GnR, Zep, Stones, etc type music with gimmicks and stage shows, etc. A good anomaly however (Fleetwood Mac is the other), otherwise I prefer a great show and hard rock n' roll (but not metal). That's why I love modern country and not old country - I like the fact it sounds like rock n' roll.

If you want to discuss AC/DC further we have a thread in the bands section.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

I have to say I personally really don't care what the guys wear (within reason... there are some definite 'no-nos', but these should be pretty obvious) and if they want to wear the same outfits night after night, or change for every performance then it doesn't make any difference as far as I'm concerned. I concur with F50 in saying that as long as they aren't wearing anything silly then it's fine by me.

Going off at a slight tangent, Austin's mention of anomalies made me think about my own tastes and I've come to realise that Fleetwood Mac are probably the biggest anomaly in my tastes - they are the only band I really like with regular female lead vocalists, make a lot of the relationships between the band members and lean more towards pop than any of my other favourites - whereas the Eagles are much closer to the 'Centre of the Universe' as far as I'm concerned with their mix of harder and softer rock with country/folk, aversion to putting their faces on album covers and their philosophy of preferring the songs be the stars.

Banned

Joe's worn some silly stuff in the past but I'm quite pleased that he can get away with wearing pretty much anything. There are many artists, like Angus Young who feel the need to wear the same outfit throughout their career.

There is an early AC/DC performance where not only did Angus dress as a schoolboy but lead singer, Bon Scott dresses as a schoolgirl!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=868Daj-ys40
    He wasn't going to keep that up was he. but that could've been the novelty that got them noticed.

The Genesis guys say the week that Peter Gabriel put on a dress and wore a fox's head they got on the front cover of NME and put an extra zero on their earnings per show.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEbqT95IPGY

Pity there are no such videos of the Eagles from their current tour. Maybe they'll turn up in 2055.

I've seen a few comments about how great Glenn looks in a suit but it was widely frowned on during the Long Road Out Of Eden tour.

I suppose Glenn just treats his blue shirt as his work clothes. Would it be embarrassing if two of the band arrived on stage in identical outfits?

Stuck on the Border

Joe's worn some silly stuff in the past but I'm quite pleased that he can get away with wearing pretty much anything. There are many artists, like Angus Young who feel the need to wear the same outfit throughout their career.

There is an early AC/DC performance where not only did Angus dress as a schoolboy but lead singer, Bon Scott dresses as a schoolgirl!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=868Daj-ys40
    He wasn't going to keep that up was he. but that could've been the novelty that got them noticed.

The Genesis guys say the week that Peter Gabriel put on a dress and wore a fox's head they got on the front cover of NME and put an extra zero on their earnings per show.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEbqT95IPGY

Pity there are no such videos of the Eagles from their current tour. Maybe they'll turn up in 2055.

I've seen a few comments about how great Glenn looks in a suit but it was widely frowned on during the Long Road Out Of Eden tour.

I suppose Glenn just treats his blue shirt as his work clothes. Would it be embarrassing if two of the band arrived on stage in identical outfits?
    Not by me it wasn't.

I understand that he treats the blue shirt as work clothes. However this is the first tour in which he has worn the same shirt every first half, without fail. It makes looking at the photos a depressing experience because they all look the same. I haven't saved a lot of them because I'm sick of that shirt. Obviously it was nice to see it myself, but knowing that I was going to see it for four successive concerts did take some of the excitement out of it. Also I am used to seeing Don in the same shirt night after night; not Glenn.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Not completely identical, but close, was the show at Bethel, NY. Take a look at this thread, HH made the mention in Post #16, and Soda posted pictures in post #45.

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...?t=4518&page=2
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Out on the Border

Wow, I can't believe how seriously people take a shirt. I couldn't care less what any of them wear, I'm just there for the music.
    It would be kind of creepy if I was there to ogle considering my dad's around the same age as most of the band.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Not completely identical, but close, was the show at Bethel, NY. Take a look at this thread, HH made the mention in Post #16, and Soda posted pictures in post #45.

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...?t=4518&page=2

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey
    Before beginning Saturday Night, Don turned to Glenn and said -- It's evident we didn't discuss what we'd be wearing tonight. Everyone busted out laughing because they were both wearing plaid shirts over T's. Bobsey twins in plaid. Too cute.
    Thanks a lot VA, brilliant scowering

I'm with flojo, "I couldn't care less what any of them wear" although the first time I saw him in the flesh, I thought what the hell is Joe wearing, which is exactly what was said by an audience member at the start of some bootleg I bought.

I expect the guys all have wardrobe assistants but since dispensing with the suits, anything clean and casual seems to be the order of the day.

I think the wardrobe department would be delighted if the guys performed their last encore singing Take It Easy in full early 70s garb complete with wigs, shades and facial hair and instead of showering the audience with balloons and confetti, gently waft pot smoke around the auditorium .... ok, maybe not the last bit

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - call me shallow, but I do take notice of what the guys wear on stage. Obviously, I like some of their choices better than others. I believe clothes do matter for a band's image - ask Angus Young or KISS ... I'd bet they'd probably agree. I do to prefer to see the guys mix their wardrobe up a little as they have done in the past, but I still view the lack of variety on this tour as a sign that there may be a DVD in the works. Would love for my instincts to be right on this one!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016