Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Austin, TX at the Frank Erwin Center - May 19, 2015

Default Re: Austin, TX at the Frank Erwin Center - May 19, 2015

I'm sad to see this epic tour come to an end on the one hand, but on the other hand, it frees them up to do new things.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well – as becoming customary for me, I’m late in posting here. First of all, it was a really fun time in Austin spending time with my girls, Soda and Houston Baby. In spite of having to miss Don’s solo show, I had a great trip.

As already mentioned, I waited to get to the venue to get my ticket because nothing decent ever showed up online during my 2 month search. I ended up getting an excellent seat in the comp section on Joe’s side of the stage, which I thought was better than the available floor seat options. It was supposed to be a Row 7 seat, but it was actually Row 1 because all of the seats in front of me were covered with a tarp giving me a totally awesome, unobstructed stage-level view the entire night. Whenever the guys left and returned to the stage, I really got an eyeful. At the end of the show, there was a nod from Glenn, which I think was intended for me, but it was the comp section, so I can’t say with absolute certainty.

The show was absolutely incredible as usual. The only downside of sitting in the comp section was that almost no one was standing, so I danced from my seat most of the night. I did finally stand for the final encore though. It was very interesting listening to all the chatter around me about this awesome band though since this was the only HOTE show that most of my neighbors had attended. BTW – Scott Crago’s sister was sitting right behind me, so I chatted with her for a few minutes. One guy behind me wanted to bet me that The Long Run would be the first song after intermission. I kidded around with him and told him I’d take the bet if he insisted, but I thought he may be at a slight disadvantage. He wanted to know how many shows I’d been to. I told him I’d lost count, but let’s just say ‘multiple’ for argument’s sake. A lady next to me said she knew Joe, but never said how she knew him. She did seem to know a lot about him though. One of the guys remarked that Joe looked 15 years younger now than he did 10 years ago, and the lady said that was because he was ‘livin’ right’. Anyway, although the setlist was the same, there were some subtle changes. I, too, missed the lights coming down at the start of the show. I was glad Glenn skipped the Beach Boys intro remarks for Heartache Tonight and liked the arrangement of the song better than the previous version. It seemed like there were different backdrops for a few of the songs, although I can’t remember which ones. I guess I’ll have to quit watching the guys so intently and pay more attention to the backdrops next time!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    The tweet said, "Best show ever"

But of course we all know that..... don't we?

Thanks for the pics! As I said in another thread its great to see even a few sneaking in. I too am sorry it seems like the end of the HOTE era. I hope they DO do something else, they are having too much fun to hang up the guitars completely
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Thanks for the pics guys!

Dreamer, glad you got a good seat after all! But, how do you know it was a comp section and what is that anyways?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Brooke - the comp (complimentary) section is where the band and/or venue holds back seats for family, friends, and guest, giveaways, etc. The comp seats are usually always the first-level side sections on each side of the stage. The band/venue usually releases unused comp tickets for sale shortly before the show. I've had good luck getting them, even though not quite as much nowadays as in the past. Eagles comp seats used to be around Row 5 on the floor, but that hasn't been the case for the last few years. I think those seats are now all reserved for VIP sales. But, I still can't complain - as I said, I had an excellent view.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Ok! Thanks for the info! Congrats on getting one!

Out on the Border

Hello all, this is another really late post. I just found this awesome forum as a direct result of the OCD I have for this awesome band! Our seats for the Austin show were 2nd row, directly in front of Joe. I surprised my wife with a couple of VIP pkgs, as this show was the day before my 50th birthday (in fact, I turned 50 in the parking garage, waiting to leave the event!). She had no idea we would be sitting 20 feet from the band at this show until we checked in!

Attesting to every other review I've seen here on this forum, this show was hands-down the best live event I've witnessed, EVER (this was my first time seeing them live), and I've seen some great shows from other artists in their prime. I can't put into words the perfection they achieved at this show. I have to admit that I was a little apprehensive about what to expect from a band as big and as successful as these guys, not to mention the number of years they have behind them!

I couldn't have been more wrong to be skeptical. They are true professionals in every sense, and are totally in tune with what it takes to reach their audience. The biggest surprise to me was how much Joe brought to the table as a member of the band. I was not a huge JW fan before this show, for whatever the reason, but after experiencing his energy and talent I am forever sold as a HUGE JW advocate. I was also a bit concerned that I would hold some resentment for Don Felder not being with the band that would taint my experience, but those fears were unfounded as well. Yes I wish Don were still in the line up and would pay a hefty sum to see that, but I was totally blown away by what the band presented and there was zero disappointment. Don't miss this show if you want to have one of the best experiences of your life!

So, as is apparently not so unusual, I began to experience the withdrawal immediately after the lights went up, and was so profoundly affected by the show that I sought to extend the experience however possible. Having spent a ton on the VIP pkg I was certain this would be my only opportunity to see them live, as my wife is very wary of lavish expenditures. BUT, as I found out, the show made just as much of an impression on her as I. So, just out of curiosity I asked her just recently, "if you could take a 5 hour road trip and see them again, would you?" Without hesitation, she said Hell Yes!! Ticket price not even an issue! Well, I NEVER let an opportunity go to waste so guess what? I am surprising her 1 more time, with tickets to the last show of the tour in Bossier City, LA! No VIP pkg this time unfortunately as they have sold out, but just having the opportunity to see the HoTE show one more time in any capacity is great fortune in my view.

Stuck on the Border

Welcome! Your enthusiasm really stand out in your writing and it's wonderful that your wife feels the same.

PMM, thanks for your review! I'm so glad you and your wife got to experience the wonder of the Eagles live and in person and right up front! I'm sure the guys will amaze you again in Bossier City too! It's just what they do!

Banned

Thanks from me too PMM. for posting your review. It was a real pleasure to read it.