Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chesapeake Energy Arena, Oklahoma City, OK - May 20, 2015

Default Re: Chesapeake Energy Arena, Oklahoma City, OK - May 20, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I think the person using their phone at the bottom left of this pic hasn't quite got the hang of using the camera on their phone or else it's just a weird time to be taking a selfie when the guys are that close to them !!
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

TF222 - they did not have the lights come down during the Austin show either. I know it's silly but I missed them. I love when those lights are lowered before Don & Glenn come out.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I meant to mention it earlier that former Cowboys coach Barry Switzer was at the concert. Now there's a picture of him with Glenn!

VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TimFan222 View Post
    First time in 17 shows I've seen that. Has anyone else seen Timothy pull his hair back anywhere?
    Thanks for the review, TF222! TBS did have his hair pulled back in a festival show early in the HOTE tour - very hot and humid - I'll have to go find it. The one in Eastern Canada, maybe? Or, I think there was maybe another festival before that one?

Found it, it was Milwaukee: https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...ead.php?t=4467

Stuck on the Border

Glenn's hair looks dark again there. Well, darker, anyway.He wears that T shirt all the time; he wore it in New Zealand.

A great evening, start to finish. We really enjoyed dinner with Bettie (TimFan222) & David at the preshow. Bettie, my fingers are crossed for Lexington or Greenville!

The concert was a wonderful performance. Of course, these guys have always delivered, even when there where death threats on stage. The folks around me were very courteous, which really made for the best experience that I have had at an Eagles show. It was fun to see the jovial interaction between the band members. I still enjoy Glenn's jokes, no matter how many times I hear them. The only thing missing was the follow-up, "That's damn funny." Timothy called a child to the front of the stage to give her a pic, which was nice to see. The only small thing that I noticed as possibly different was Bernie with a Telecaster guitar during Take It Easy, and I thought he had been on the banjo in past performances. Oh, and I was also close enough to see, someone, I think it was Steuart, playing the mandolin on Saturday Night, when only Don and Glenn "appear" to be on stage.

After the show, one of the stagehands threw the pics off of Glenn's mic-stand into the crowd. I tried to catch one and missed. I looked on the floor but couldn't find it. Then I felt it. TF222 mentioned above how hot it was. It was stuck to the sweat on my forehead.

A chance meeting stretched our Eagles fun into the next day. I was walking out of a shop at the airport empty-handed, no iced coffee, and paused to let a man rolling a suitcase walk buy... that's Steuart Smith! I forgot the coffee, walked back to where my wife was sitting with the luggage and quickly considered my options. Ticket stubs and other Eagles goodies from the party were buried in the bottom of my suitcase, but the Greatest Hits 71-75 CD from the Shriner's/Walden Woods guitar raffle was on top. I have never unwrapped a CD so fast. Luckily, I also had a pen from the hotel. Wendy snapped some pics from a distance as I approached him as he talked in a small group waiting to board. "Excuse me, Mr. Smith. May I impose on you for a moment." He nodded and said something like "sure." I handed him the CD & pen. He smiled and said "I'm not on this, but I'll sign it." I said, "Well, you play with them now. I've seen you 8x, and it was a pleasure to actually meet you." He said something positive such as "you too." Then I shook his hand and took my leave. He was very polite, and possibly surprised. I wish I would have had a copy of Long Road Out Of Eden instead, and would have complimented him more directly, but I was extremely lucky to have met him at all. This makes me want to see another show.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Yay Keith!!! So glad to hear it was a good show and that once again our guys delivered an awesome performance!!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Keith. How awesome is that. First you get the pick and then see Stewart. Was he going to a private plane or flying commercial? I had a blast with you and Wendy. We will be at both of those shows so let me know which (or both) you are going to

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    TF222 - they did not have the lights come down during the Austin show either. I know it's silly but I missed them. I love when those lights are lowered before Don & Glenn come out.
    HB. I agree. When the lights came down I knew magic was about to happen

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Exactly TF222! Magic....

How lucky are you feeling Keith! Maybe you should go buy a lottery ticket.