Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MGM Grand, Las Vegas, 5/24/2015

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: MGM Grand, Las Vegas, 5/24/2015

Yep, Soda - I agree.

Glad the music was great. The concert experience would have really sucked otherwise.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

A foul-mouthed troll.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Out on the Border

It was part of a road trip and of course he enjoyed some of the music that he hears often at home and can even sing. But a 4 yo needs a lot of things to do, just like we do...go get a drink, etc. It's a fair review and I'm not the first nor last to state the obvious. The band needs a dose of reality, as humans, just like we all do. Having been to some of the biggest and best shows around the world, I rarely if ever had goons come down on me and my wife for pulling out a cellphone. And the staff of the arena reported some of the issues I cited. Not my imagination. They were basically a pain in the ass to work with, according to a few staff members.

As someone who goes to a lot of concerts and have been seriously annoyed by people sticking their phones in my line of sight so they can take a picture, this rule of the Eagles' is something I can totally get behind. At the Cincinnati concert, the lady beside me was on her phone texting and on Facebook the entire show, and the glare of it as well as the constantly changing screen was very distracting to all those around her, including her husband. It was thoughtless and inconsiderate, and people like her are a big reason they have this rule. I paid $650 for a second row seat and didn't need the distraction.

The staff at MGM can complain all they want, they're probably just upset they have to actually work for a change. I do searches for tweets after concerts, and you'll be happy to know that after the MGM concert, there were a lot of tweets in support of the rules, as there are after every concert. There were no negative comments at all.

People who think they have a perfect right to destroy other people's concert experiences for their own convenience can complain all they want. They are the reason the rules exist. More and more bands are beginning to adapt the same rules, for the same reasons.

We have an entire thread on this subject here.
    VK

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Ok what kinda idiot brings a 4 year old to a concert..
    Then complains cause you can't shove a cell phone or electdonic devise in their hands to entertain then Or babysit then for the concert?
    Do you know how anyonning that 4year old is to others who didn't score great price last minute for their tickets?
    Dude if I go out ,I don't want your 4 year old with rude parents messing up my nighg out.

Next having been at. Show where somone threw flowers at tbs and they cut their encores out cause of it I get not wanting bottles etc in the audience

You shudda done somthing elsewith your year old instead if dragging them there.
    Last edited by Tiffanny Twisted; 05-31-2015 at 09:30 AM.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Tonearm View Post
    I really hope the band's management and members read this and DO take it to heart.
    In case you hadn't realised, this is a fan board and not the best way of expressing your disapproval to the band. Perhaps you could write to the band or the venue.

You won't get much sympathy from fans here, because rather than making a last-minute decision, most have planned their concert attendances well in advance and know about the phone ban. Also, I doubt many of us would consider taking a 4 year-old to a three hour concert unless it was designed as a family entertainment.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Well said utw

Stuck on the Border

As I have said before I thought the no phones policy was carried to a ridiculous extreme in Australia, but it appears the majority of people on this board now appear to support it. I would say, that although I didn't appreciate the tone of this review, it's a bit sad when the phone policy interferes with actual enjoyment of the show. I don't think people like me wish to 'destroy' the experience & are being unfairly penalised in order to punish the people who do overstep the mark. My objection to this policy is mainly to the blanket ban on photography. The handful of nearly identical photos which appear in reviews is no substitute for having your own souvenir. If the Eagles hate fans taking photos so much they could put some photos on their website. If they hate fans taking video so much they could release a DVD. It isn't that hard.

I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm enthusiastic about every single aspect of all of their policies, but I go along with the band's wishes. At any rate, I'm certainly not going to express solidarity with such a nasty, ugly post. My thoughts on the phone ban are in the thread we have dedicated to the issue and I hope this thread remains about the show and doesn't become a rehash of that debate.

To Tonearm, I want to reiterate that this board is in no way officially affiliated with the band and sending them "messages" by posting here is a waste of your time.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

This has reviews of most recent Vegas shows, including the Eagles. The reviewer got Glenn and Don confused...

He also mentions a run of shows at The Joint for the Eagles... It's even smaller than the Revel was in Atlantic City, so I can't see that happening.

http://lasvegassun.com/blogs/kats-re...over-downtown/
    VK