Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eagles at Spokane WA - 5/29/2015

Default Eagles at Spokane WA - 5/29/2015

Well it's official-Don called this the final lap. Heard it with my own ears😓😓😓
    Was at the show in Spokane last night. What a great show. They were playing so tight. I am more amazed with their abilities musically each time I see them!!
    The night started in the usual way but without the lights coming down. It appears that is truly gone. Also different Glenn was sitting on a stool rather than a road case. When they do Saturday Night you can now see Steuart in shadows playing mandolin off to the side
    Don talked about renting from "Bud" but (first time I heard this) Bud would buy a 12 pack and watch them play. He'd say "you boys sound real good".
    Don would say anybody sounds good after 12 beers. Glenn was really laughing
    After Joe sang Life's been good, Don looked at Joe and and said "that was pretty good". Got a smile out of Joe
    At one point Joe announced he was going to tell everyone how Spokane got its name. Then said he had no idea really. Glen was laughing out loud here. Didn't see that one coming
    This is the loosest I have seen them in a long time. They seemed to be having a great time. Lost of smiles all around. Guess they see the light at the end of the tunnel. Good for them bad for us
    Will write more later if I think of anything worthwhile

Default Re: Eagles at Spokane WA

Thanks for the info! Yeah, I'm not surprised this is the final lap of the tour - it had to end sometime, and it's been two years. I suggest everyone see it while they can!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

They would want to make a trip back to Ireland/UK before they finish up !!
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

I hate I won't get to see this tour. I just couldn't make it and Bossier City is on a weekday. Maybe they will do some touring next year and I got then, but than again. I'm still waiting on Mr. Henley with his album and possible tour whenever that happens. LOL

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

This popped up on my Facebook news feed:
    http://www.spokesman.com/picture-stories/eagles-soar/

Very cool photos. If it's true that this is the final lap, I can knock another of my favorite bands that I'll never see live!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Well, final lap isn't the same as final show EVER. If I really thought that the band would never play together again, I would be devastated. I would also be cursing the fact that I wouldn't be able to attend the Bossier City show thanks to a commitment to go to Africa with Children's Emergency Relief International.

I truly believe, barring unforeseen circumstances, that we will see them perform together again. Now, it might be after a year's break or so, but frankly that's a good thing. Incessant touring will exhaust them and make it difficult for them to be creative. I'm ready for some studio work, be it solo or as a band. Let Don lead the way and release Cass County this year.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure we'll see Bernie with them again on a regular basis, though I hope I'm wrong about that. He is a fantastic addition and I like the idea of the Eagles being a five-piece again, with Bernie this time instead of Felder - at least in their live act, if not in the studio (although that would be cool, too).

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Soda I agree that they will still play together occasionally just not HOTE. I am still praying for a new DVD. Would love to see that happen. I really think they will still play Vegas couple times each year. I have been checking the Bosier show and their are no good seats available
    At the VIP party they even announced they will finally give away those great pics. There has to be about a million entries I think

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Default yesterday's concert...

feel free to correct me if this is in the wrong place. which i think you guys beat me to it. lmao

but i ran across these and thought you all would enjoy them

http://www.989kkzx.com/photos/main/t...1/#/9/24022077

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: yesterday's concert...

Thank you. They are great photos.

Here is the forum about Eagles concerts.

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...splay.php?f=26

Here is the thread about the Spokane concert.

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...ead.php?t=5728

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

TF222 - Thanks so much for posting your thoughts and glad it was such a great show. It is very sad to think of the HotE tour winding down. I'm still in hopes they may schedule a few more shows in the fall, but you just never know with these guys. I do agree though that these won't be the final shows. I just hope they don't go back to an abbreviated setlist, although I fear they will.

And SAR - thanks for those great pictures. I went ahead and merged your thread with this one.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016