Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A new album means new videos?

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: A new album means new videos?

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Performance videos are a snooze. I want a concept video. Don has had brilliant videos in the past, and I would hope he'd at least want to make one really good video for the new album, even if they're not as important as they once were.

Unfortunately, it would mean he would have to have a channel on his nemesis, the evil YOUTUBE, which at one point he argued should completely dismantled by the government (to be fair, that opinion was expressed several years ago). The "music channels" on TV have very little time devoted to videos nowadays. If he doesn't put it on YouTube, relatively few people will see it.
    Without youtube, I probably would've never discovered the song Seven Bridges Road (one of my favorite Eagles songs). Nor would I be as intuned with the band as I currently am. Seeing Don's Boys of Summer video on youtube was the start of several events that led to my wanting to learn more about the guys which led to me discovering this site! In short: Youtube has helped me find loads of new music, so it's a great thing, Don! (Music that I then try to buy when I have the money). Also, I thought that social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc ) was what he had a "beef" with.

Anyway, agree that if Don decides to film any videos, he's gonna have to use youtube to get it out there more. I don't know if he has his own website (when I Google him and Glenn Frey, their sites on here came up first. After Hours was like the 5th one on the list ), but that would be his only other option for getting videos out there. I think that his hardcore fans (even a more casual fan like myself) would see that the video(s) would get spread around the 'net. If he puts a video on a website or youtube, I'd share it on my Facebook, for example.

ETA: ok, I just Googled Don again and found out that he does have a site.

As far as tv goes, MTV and VH1 are now pure sht, imo. If Cass County is country like, CMT might play a video. Vh1 classic has a "classic current" thing when they play videos. They play an old video, then play the new one.

If he wants to please his fans, then he's gonna have to get used to the fact that (unfortunately) the internet is the way to go. I'm of this generation, so I can't understand why some people triple my age don't like modern technology. I love being connected to the web 24/7 (that's how I got up to 100 posts in 2 weeks!). I get that at times, it's a pain in the a$$ when your kids won't talk to you because they've got their noses in a cell phone, but the good aspects of technology, far outweigh the bad, imo. Even my grandparents, who are older than Don by at least a decade, realize that the Internet has its perks!

Yesh, I just realized that I wrote an essay! Sorry for the length! I hope that I made sense and didn't ramble or rant too much. I'm very tired (2 am here)... , sleep time!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Banned

Thanks for all your posts AlreadyGone95, I'm struggling to keep up. You're discovering stuff, over a matter of weeks, that I needed years to acquaint myself with.

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    What was it he said in the 2007 60 Minutes interview? "I would rather produce one good album every 28 years. (Reference to the time between The Long Run and LROOE), than release a mediocre album every year.
    Personally, I'll take whatever I can get from the guys, either together or solo, so long as it's something new!

The Eagles current HOTE tour consists of material churned out over an 8 year period, decades ago. The whole first set only covers 4 years. The album that took 28 years is completely ignored. The Eagles' second act, as Don calls it, is represented by arguably the weakest song in the set, Love Will Keep Us Alive, even that is over 20 years old, so I think Don's argument is shot, especially as the relevance of any album is now practically dead.

In 2007, when LROOE was completed, they did release How Long free to the internet to promote it. I wonder if writer, JD Souther, was in on that decision as it was he that'd be losing royalties. Maybe he was financially compensated? I suppose JD has done pretty well out of his connection with the Eagles.

If Long Road Out Of Eden was released now, I'm pretty sure the two promotional videos, would be on a deluxe release of the album.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Thanks for all your posts AlreadyGone95, I'm struggling to keep up. You're discovering stuff, over a matter of weeks, that I needed years to acquaint myself with.

The Eagles current HOTE tour consists of material churned out over an 8 year period, decades ago. The whole first set only covers 4 years. The album that took 28 years is completely ignored. The Eagles' second act, as Don calls it, is represented by arguably the weakest song in the set, Love Will Keep Us Alive, even that is over 20 years old, so I think Don's argument is shot, especially as the relevance of any album is now practically dead.

In 2007, when LROOE was completed, they did release How Long free to the internet to promote it. I wonder if writer, JD Souther, was in on that decision as it was he that'd be losing royalties. Maybe he was financially compensated? I suppose JD has done pretty well out of his connection with the Eagles.

If Long Road Out Of Eden was released now, I'm pretty sure the two promotional videos, would be on a deluxe release of the album.

What can I say? I'm a quick study. . Glad that you enjoy reading my posts!
    I do think that calling it the "History of the Eagles" tour without touching base on all of the eras of the band isn't right. I'm sure that most fans like some of the songs from LROOE. It's gone platinum several times over! It definitely wasn't a failure.
    I hope that JD Souther was or has been fairly compensated for his song. As I said in another thread, that's my favorite song from the album. I discovered it nearly a month ago by accident on youtube. Which then prompted me to buy the album last week.

That would be a cool idea to release the video(s) as an extra on the cd.
    -Kim-

JD didn't lose out on any royalties. He made quite a bit of money thanks to the inclusion of "How Long" and "Last Good Time in Town" on Long Road Out of Eden. I talked with him about it after a show one time and he was smiling a great deal, lol.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    JD didn't lose out on any royalties. He made quite a bit of money thanks to the inclusion of "How Long" and "Last Good Time in Town" on Long Road Out of Eden. I talked with him about it after a show one time and he was smiling a great deal, lol.
    Lol, well that's good to know!
    -Kim-