Page 13 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25, 2015

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County due in Sept

The indicator for me is the CEO of Capitol Records calling it "album of the year". Of course he's biased towards albums Capitol is putting out, but that's still a lot to choose from. Bob Lefsetz's remarks were pretty nice as well. I agree, F50, that the preview was a hand picked group, but I still think this is going to be great.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Border Troubadour

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County due in Sept

Well, I for one can't wait cos I'm a big country fan and of course an even bigger Don fan! The lyrics he produces are so thought provoking and he hasn't lost it judging by the sneak preview we got of Train in the Distance -

"you can ride that train to the far end of creation. Away from everything and everyone you know. You better make friends with your angels and your demons. They will be riding with you wherever you go. But, you have to go..."

I find that very profound and moving and it reminds me of a line form the musical The Hired Man - "you take yourself with you wherever you go."

.....and 17 songs!!!!....yiphee....
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'm trying to figure out how Mick Jagger fits in! Everyone else is country!

Love Vince Gill, Merle Haggard, and Miranda Lambert especially!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Troubadour

Listen to the Rolling Stones Far Away Eyes, Brooke. Bear with the first few minutes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDnZBvCetQM
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    This one says there are 17 songs on the album:

http://www.997thefox.com/onair/arroe...ease-13682865/
    I was thinking he might do some bonus tracks, too, like the Eagles did for a deluxe version. Not that anybody has said anything like that but it seems everybody's doing that these days.
    ~Sara

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Hmm, if there's 17 songs, that means that less than half were previewed. That leads me to believe that they are more people on this album that the ones we've heard about. I wonder if Don will sing a song or 2 by himself? (I'm hoping for that).

If people based their opinions on less than half of the album, that still leaves a lot about the album that we don't know.( This might be a good thing. It's just that I've never liked surprises. )

I wonder if Don will wait until the last Eagles shows over in July before starting to promote this album? My guess is yes. Let the mothership land first.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDon View Post
    Listen to the Rolling Stones Far Away Eyes, Brooke. Bear with the first few minutes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDnZBvCetQM
    Oh, I know Mick can do country if he wants to! But he's not my first thought when looking for country music!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Maybe Don thought that Mick Jagger world appeal to his more rock oriented fans?

I'm interested to how Jagger will sound with Miranda Lambert because, from an earlier article posted on here, they're singing on the same song!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I think I read that all three are sharing verses. It will be interesting.

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Oh, I know Mick can do country if he wants to! But he's not my first thought when looking for country music!
    Fair enough, Brooke though I think I read that Mick is doing a 'Gram Parsons' like turn....so could be interesting...