Page 38 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25, 2015

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25,

Cass County will definitely be more up my alley than After Hours. Country is pratically in my blood. Everyone in my family loves or at least likes it. I've come to love some of it myself. I've loved the 3 songs released so far!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25,

I typed AF in my first post that referenced it, as well as my second, which I edited afterwards, so that's probably why, Lacken.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Banned

I wrote in another thread that my 70s definition of rock music was music that old people didn't play. Are Don and Glenn feeling a bit self concious about their ages with their solo albums?

There's all types of music in the Eagles catalog, Desperado wouldn't be out of place on Cass County or After Hours .

I'm still looking forward to the release of Cass County, there's bound to be something on it I like, I'm not expecting anything like Dirty Laundry or The Boys Of Summer though. Glenn introduced me to likeable M.O.R.. He'll have to go some to achieve it, but Don may make Country music a little more palatable.

Hopefully, when they all reconvene as the Eagles, they'll do what Queen did, after some genre hopping, in the 80s and return to their old, rock mongrels. stomping ground, determined to give us The Works!.

Stuck on the Border

I've dutifully listened to these first three songs and haven't heard anything that makes me want to order the CD. It's not a surprise as I don't listen to and never have listened to country. In contrast, Nat King Cole, Bing Crosby, Matt Munro and Louis Armstrong are part of my earliest childhood and I love a nice, laid-back jazzy sound (which may be why I'm loving JD Souther's latest CD).

None of this matters to those of you who love these new recordings for Don, except maybe as a warning that the album may not be universally loved.

Like F50, I'm hoping they will be a track or two that I love.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

To me, the comparision between After Hours and Cass County are inevitable because they're both departures from the style of music that the two men are most associated with. Of course, the comparison doesn't go much beyond that since the two albums are totally different genres. I don't want to prejudge Cass County but I'm getting the sense from the three songs that I've heard that I'm going to feel very similar about it than I do about After Hours, which is I love the singing, but not necessarily the songs.

I totally agree with UTW's point about the universal appeal of both albums. Neither of these albums will probably enjoy the mass appeal of Eagles albums, but that is perfectly understandable. Eagles music is in a league of its own.

I will buy the album for sure - and, hopefully, after several listens, I'll be very pleasantly surprised and absolutely love it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Out on the Border

I don't mind any rock artist taking on any other genre, as long as the music produced is high quality. I enjoy classic country and if Don is tapping into that for inspiration that's OK. To me, it seems right for him given his background, etc. Using traditional country as a template isn't "settling" if it inspires great and heartfelt songs.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

A review of the song When I Stop Dreaming.

http://countrymusicbistro.com/articl...stop-dreaming/
    Last edited by VAisForEagleLovers; 08-12-2015 at 03:44 PM.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I put this in the pre-concert thread also. I think this is going to be fun. Two legends on the same stage talking to each other about each other's careers. I guess its kinda going to be like what Glenn did.

http://www.92y.org/Event/Don-Henley

I saw this on Fastlane this morning. Don will be in London tomorrow. As anybody heard of this magazine in the UK. I wonder if they're going to do an interview with Don while he's over there.

https://twitter.com/UpCountryMag

Up Country Magazine ‏@UpCountryMag 4h4 hours ago
    We will be going along to the Soho Hotel in London on Wednesday 19th August for a intimate playback of Cass Country with @donhenley

Border Troubadour

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, WHY DO I LIVE IN THE WRONG COUNTRY?
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...