Page 68 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25, 2015

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25,

F50, too funny! You had to eat your own words!

Steve J, I am enjoying it immensely so far and I'm not a huge country music fan. I've only had time to listen a couple times. One thing I do know, it is quality country music with quality singers and musicians. Would we expect anything less of Don Henley? Nope! I really expect it to do very well for him. There are a couple songs that don't really sound all that country though, to me. That's good! I need a few more listens!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25,

. That's a complete 180 right there, F50.

Count me as one who loves the album as well. The more I listen to it, the more I love it. Last night's vinyl listen was something else entirely. I really can't describe it.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I love love love the album. That's an underestimate. I have my cd copy in my CD player in my car. I download the cd to my computer and I have it on my itunes on my Iphone. It was a pain in the butt to get the songs to my phone. If the CDs that are giving to us free from ordering tickets part of album sells, he could get gold album.

I was looking at some of the places Don is playing at last night just to see how well the tickets were selling. I don't know how accurate it is, but he has sold out in 3 cities. (like I said I don't know how accurate it is because the tickets weren't showing up). At the other shows, their are a lot of seats left, but it was very scattered around the arenas and theater. So this tour could be successful. I really hope its very successful so Don can add a few dates next year.

Thanks guys. The quality of the music and recording is obviously beyond question, as anything DH does will be. I am hoping to find a physical copy here and so far I only have the iTunes download to go on. I had 4 albums on pre-order on iTunes which all came more or less in the same week, the new DH, new David Gilmour, Shawn Colvin and Keith Richards, and the DH was the one of the 4 I seemed to get into the least. I guess I just need to be in the right mood and give it a proper listen. I should also know that the albums I love the most and that have stood the test of time for me are the ones I had the longest courtships with...

I woke up this morning with an attitude
    looked at the headline, put me in a real bad mood

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Hope you don't mind me asking, but what do you think of Gilmour's new album? Most of the reviews I've read have been mixed, although I am a huge Floyd fan and am aware that The Endless River didn't get the best reviews either but I did still enjoy it.

I haven't listened to Cass County yet apart from Take A Picture Of This and That Old Flame (I liked both, but preferred the latter), it's sounding good though from the reviews I've read so far so I'll definitely listen to the album sooner rather than later, probably in the next week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Come Lately View Post
    Hope you don't mind me asking, but what do you think of Gilmour's new album? Most of the reviews I've read have been mixed, although I am a huge Floyd fan and am aware that The Endless River didn't get the best reviews either but I did still enjoy it.

I haven't listened to Cass County yet apart from Take A Picture Of This and That Old Flame (I liked both, but preferred the latter), it's sounding good though from the reviews I've read so far so I'll definitely listen to the album sooner rather than later, probably in the next week or so.
    Loving the new Gilmour. I find it more... lively... than On An Island. Some great songs. Superb production too.

I woke up this morning with an attitude
    looked at the headline, put me in a real bad mood

Quote Originally Posted by deb828 View Post
    Soda, It is now again available on the Target website--I ordered it a day or so ago when it became available again. So sorry you had to drive so far to get it; maybe this post will help someone else! (Definitely not a plug for Target.)
    When I access the site, it says "shipping not available" and it only allows in-store pickup. Is yours getting shipped to your home?

Here's what I see when I go to the site:

If they're not shipping, those of us who don't live near Target still have to make the drive.

If they're shipping in some states but not others... well then WTH is that about???

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95
    Count me as one who loves the album as well. The more I listen to it, the more I love it. Last night's vinyl listen was something else entirely. I really can't describe it.
    So glad you are enjoying the records! They have a wonderful and loving home!

I had heard that the new 180-gram vinyl LPs have a clearer and sharper sound than CDs. Seems that more artists are releasing vinyl versions of their albums. Who knows - maybe the 8-track or cassette may make a comeback, too.
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDon View Post
    Well, I LOVE it particularly since it arrived at last and guess who had signed it???? My man himself!!!!!
    Congrats, DD, and glad it arrived safe and sound! That makes two of us who now own treasured copies of the "first 100."
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."