Page 10 of 77 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25, 2015

Border Troubadour

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County due in Sept

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Yes he does, VA. I only saw Vince in concert once. I think it was 2004 or 2005. It was amazing. Vince has this distinct voice. When you hear a song and he's singing backup or harmony on it, you know its him like you will know its Don singing with another person. He and Don will definitely blend great. Too bad Vince is singing with other people on that song. I would had loved to hear Vince either sing a duet with Don, sing backup on a song, but a guest guitar player.
    I've seen Vince twice, Shun and he is amazing. I love When I Call Your Name but Pocket Full of Gold is probably my favourite. Patty Loveless backed him on a lot of songs, they have great harmony. He and Don together will be magic.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County due in Sept

Yeah. Patty has guest starred on I think all of Vince's album. She and Reba are probably the only woman that I know that has been on mostly all of his album.

I love Pocket Full Of Gold too. Great song.

Its funny that I always say I love Don's blue eyes. Well Vince has hazel eyes, but they come out more blue and I went ga ga over Vince's eyes back in the day. Me and guys with blue eyes. One of my favorite actors has baby blue eyes and that's what I find sexy about him. lol

Here's a hit by Kellie Pickler ~ Don using her really surprises me because she got famous thanks to American Idol and he's always criticized that way to fame. He said he asked musicians he respected a lot though so I guess he was really impressed by her talents?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5Ri8GY57SI[/ame]
    ~Sara

I also forgot to mention. Vince was also sang on the Common Thread album. Timothy sang backup on this song. I thought he did a great job with this song and very close to the original.

http://youtu.be/004JtBqVw3I

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Debutante View Post
    Here's a hit by Kellie Pickler ~ Don using her really surprises me because she got famous thanks to American Idol and he's always criticized that way to fame. He said he asked musicians he respected a lot though so I guess he was really impressed by her talents?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5Ri8GY57SI
    I have to say, I never had any interest in listening to her before, but if Don thinks this highly of her, I will definitely check her out.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Everybody remember a video from last year on Instragram. A guy posted a very clip of him laying down vocals or something like with Don? I need to need to that small clip. I think you even see Don in there. I wonder what song we were hearing if that's on the album.

An additional tidbit or two and a really great picture.

http://toptidings.net/don-henley-to-...ed-solo-set-2/

ETA: This is a better link to the same additional tidbits...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...medium=twitter
    VK

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Wonder what the author meant by the key being a little high for Dolly?
    Did she have to change songs or did Don lower the key?
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    Wonder what the author meant by the key being a little high for Dolly?
    Did she have to change songs or did Don lower the key?
    Neither. She felt the key was too high, but said she'd give it more effort and do it. Then she did.
    VK