Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25, 2015

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County due in Sept

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Neither. She felt the key was too high, but said she'd give it more effort and do it. Then she did.

Ah, ok. I didn't see the USA today link you posted before I asked.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County due in Sept

A big THANK YOU to everyone that has done the research to keep up with all of the 'hot off the press' news about Cass County. It says Don previewed 8 songs so I can't wait to find out how many songs are on the album in total and if there will be any sort of 'deluxe edition' bonus tracks. Of course, in light of the fact that I was unable to get to Texas last month in time to see Don's solo show, I'm mostly eager for the official release date and tour schedule. BRING IT ON!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

verna .....thank you so much for all the info.
    I am so very excited about this Cd

Just so dang happy

Stuck on the Border

I am somewhat dubious about the number of duets, especially with women. I really don't like male/female duets much. I have the Krauss/Plant album & it really isn't a duets album, except for a couple of tracks. If you want to hear a real male/female duets album you should try the Knopfler/Emmylou Harris album All The Roadrunning. How will this affect which songs he chooses to sing on tour? He can't take all these people on tour with him.

Someone said that everyone knows Trisha Yearwood. Well, as I said eariler, I have heard of her, but I have never heard her music. I will be approaching this album very much as an outsider to this world.

A lot of modern country is close to what the Eagles have done as recently as songs like "How Long" and "Busy Being Fabulous" from Long Road Out of Eden. Indeed, those songs were not only played on some country radio stations, they were also nominated for categories in both the Country Music Awards and the Country Music Television Awards. Don't forget that in the case of the Country Music Awards, the Eagles performed both of those songs live - and those were the only awards shows on which they appeared. They courted the country crowd hard.

Also, I know the solo single "For My Wedding" from Inside Job was released to country radio back in 2001.

I therefore have a feeling the style of Cass County won't be too jarring for most Henley fans.

I love Don's duets, but I think that some of these artists are simply lending background vocals. It reminds me of the guest artists Timothy brought in for Expando. I enjoyed their contributions. I'm betting I'll enjoy these as well.

Regarding the artists Don has involved, they are strong vocalists and they can harmonize well. Whether you classify them "country" or something else is irrelevant in terms of their ability.

As for performing duets live, I know when Stevie Nicks performs her hit duets "Leather and Lace" and "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" on tour, she uses other vocalists in the place of the ones who sang on the original track. Waddy Wachtel typically does the latter. The former has varied. On occasion, she has performed "Leather in Lace" herself, simply changing the lyrics to "Sometimes I'm the strong one" and singing both verses with her female backing singers doing harmony. It worked, but not as well.

Regardless, I've never seen any audience members riot! They just want to hear the songs.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

By the way, just wanted to add that as a little kid, I heard these songs by Dolly Parton (my mom was a country fan) and really liked them:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbxUSsFXYo4[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lixDK_tMEhE[/ame]

How adorable is she in that duet with Kenny Rogers?!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I love the song 9 to 5. I was just a baby when 9 to 5 first came out.

I kinda remember Islands in the Stream growing up. With me not able to listen to country, pop or rock, their were a few songs I remember as a kid growing up in the 80s and into the mid 90s.

Border Troubadour

All this talk of Cass County got me really excited so I've been re-acquainting myself with my favourite Vince Gill songs. I've been a fan of his over twenty years. I think he's a fantastic singer and musician.

Anyway, here's my all-time favourite of his Pocket Full of Gold singing awesome harmony with Patty Loveless - country doesn't get any better than this imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6SF9XY6cBw
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Love that song!!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

This article popped up on my Facebook page a few minutes ago (I triple checked the date this time to make sure that it was new)

http://www.tennessean.com/story/ente...wait/28804291/

While there's nothing new about the album, I admit that I like the photo of Don.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time