Page 16 of 77 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25, 2015

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County due in Sept

Ok. I saw on Facebook that Peter is in Don's current band. So he's the other guy I didn't know his name. I don't know the bass player's name either. I know his been in Don's band for over 10 years. I remember seeing him in the IJ DVD.

Border Troubadour

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County due in Sept

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    What venue's were those? It's the first I've heard
    Okay, some clarification required. I have a tee-shirt from the Walden Woods project which lists Don's tour from 2009 and includes London and Norfolk....strange choice I thought of Norfolk (though I've nothing personally against the place) so I did some more checking and it turns out to be Norfolk, Virginia and London, Ontario Mea culpa on my part...I knew it was too good to be true that he included Europe - darn
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Knew it was too good to be true DD -
    We'll just have to convince him to tour here !!
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Don looks great in those photos from the LA preview.

I didn't recognize Will Hollis either!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

So it looks like their are 16 songs and their will be a deluxe CD. I'm looking forward to knowing what the other 8 songs are.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    So it looks like their are 16 songs and their will be a deluxe CD. I'm looking forward to knowing what the other 8 songs are.
    Shun, you read my mind. I was going to pretty much the exact same thing you did.

It looks like the same 8 songs were previewed.
    -Kim-

I don't think artists have 8 songs on their albums anymore. Its usually between 10 to 12.

I know I read somewhere that Vince does a song by myself with Don. So that's of the 8 songs we haven't heard.

This is pure speculation on my part, but I think that a deluxe edition of Cass County will be similar to the deluxe edition of LROOE(which I still need to get my hands on). The regular album will probably contain 12-14 songs, with deluxe version having the full 16 and a bigger booklet/packaging. Most new albums released now come with a free download of the album, at least here in the states. I think that the deluxe edition will have to contain more than just bonus songs to appeal to the no so hardcore fans. Again, that's just my thinking.

Now, I'm waiting to hear if the album will just be a cd/digital release or will there also be vinyl copies made?
    -Kim-

Banned

Good speculation AlreadyGone85

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDon
    Norfolk, Virginia and London, Ontario
    Thanks for the clarification Divine Don.

When Don toured England in 1989, he played a few arenas (There weren't many around to play then). The show I attended (at Birmingham NEC) was far from full, although a decent sized crowd.

Trying to think back to 1989, I can't decide whether Don is more or less relevant now, than he was then.

If Cass County is as good as they say it is, that and the impact of HFO and the continuing success of the Eagles, could eclipse the impact of The End Of The Innocence album, at least here in the UK... but that's iffy speculation.