Page 28 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25, 2015

Default Re: Press and Discussion about Cass County

BTW, since there have been pages and pages of material, I thought it might be helpful to quickly summarize what we've gotten in the last few days:

You can watch a trailer about the album here.

You can pre-order bundles and/or the album here. If you pre-order the digital version of the album, you get to download two tracks right away: "Take a Picture of This" and "That Old Flame".

You can listen to Don's new songs "Take a Picture of This" and "That Old Flame" (with Martina McBride) here.

The Cass Country track listing is here, and is as follows:

• Bramble Rose (Lead vocals DH, Mick Jagger, and Miranda Lambert)
    • The Cost of Living (Lead vocals DH and Merle Haggard)
    • No, Thank You (harmony vocal Vince Gill)
    • Waiting Tables (harmony vocals Molly Felder, Jamey Johnson, and Lee Ann Womack)
    • Take a Picture of This (harmony vocals Michelle Branch, Sally Dwarsky, Gale Mayes and Angela Primm)
    • Too Far Gone (harmony vocals Alison Kraus and Jamey Johnson)
    • That Old Flame (Lead vocals DH and Martina McBride)
    • The Brand New Tennessee Waltz (harmony vocals Alison Kraus)
    • Words Can Break Your Heart (harmony vocals Trisha Yearwood)
    • When I Stop Dreaming (lead vocals DH and Dolly Parton)
    • Praying for Rain (harmony vocals Molly Felder, Vince Gill, Alison Kraus, Ashley Monroe, and Trisha Yearwood)
    • Too Much Pride (harmony vocals Gale Mayes and Angela Primm)
    • She Sang Hymns Out of Tune (harmony vocals Molly Felder, Martie Maguire, Ashley Monroe, and Emily Robison)
    • Train in the Distance (harmony vocal Lucinda Williams)
    • A Younger Man
    • Where I Am Now (harmony vocal Trisha Yearwood)

So, if you want a list of performers consolidated, the following sing leads with Don:

• Merle Haggard
    • Mick Jagger
    • Miranda Lambert
    • Martina McBride
    • Dolly Parton

The following appear on the album singing harmony parts:

• Michelle Branch
    • Sally Dwarsky
    • Molly Felder
    • Vince Gill
    • Jamey Johnson
    • Alison Kraus
    • Martie Maguire
    • Gale Mayes
    • Ashley Monroe
    • Angela Primm
    • Emily Robison
    • Lucinda Williams
    • Lee Ann Womack
    • Trisha Yearwood

The cities Don Henley will be playing shows that have been released so far are:

• Atlanta, GA
    • Chicago, IL
    • Dallas, TX
    • Denver, CO
    • Detroit, MI
    • Durham, NC
    • Los Angeles, CA
    • Nashville, TN
    • New York, NY
    • Philadelphia, PA
    • Port Chester, NY
    • San Francisco, CA
    • Santa Barbara, CA
    • Toronto, ON
    • Washington, D.C

Did I miss anything?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25,

I wonder who's truck Don borrowed for the trailer. lol I know he borrowed the truck in the Taking You Home video from one of the people in Linden.

I wonder if Don will do a music video. I would love to see a video from those songs.

I'm just so excite about this. This will be my very first new Don CD. All the CDs I bought were years after they came out

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25,

Just buying that $129 package ($150 when you add in shipping) and nervously entering my information into groundctrl. I hope that this time, I actually get everything I bought within a month of the expected arrival date. I'll report back in September - I'm desperately hoping they've improved and that we'll all have good experiences!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

Don has a lot invested in getting this album heard. He's an intelligent man and although he's old-fashioned, he's presumably not going to cover his ears and shout "LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU" when told about what he can gain from modern technology.
    the image of him doing that .

Seriously though, without youtube, I probably wouldn't know that Cass County existed, much less be anticipating its release. I'd still be the casual fan who vaguely knew about Don Henley (and Glenn Frey for that matter). It was my uncle playing Boys of Summer on youtube that sent me down the path to hardcore Eagles fandom.

I'm glad that the 2 preview songs were put on youtube because I don't have Itunes. (I'll hopefully be preordering from Don's site in August). Listening to those 2 songs makes hungry for more! (I enjoyed TOF more than TAPOF, but both are dang good)

Another thing that's great about Don using youtube (whether it was him ot his record company), is the amount of people that it'll reach. Think of how many people might discover this album because of the suggested videos or by searching "Don Henley".
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Soda - at the end of the trailer, did you notice the Dollar General Store sign? Lol, we spent some $ and time in there last December. I love seeing the Linden sites again!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for recapping all of that, Soda. You must have been reading my mind because I spent a long time this morning trying to find the links to the two new songs so I could listen to them again. I like them both pretty well and right now can't say I prefer one over the other. However, the more I listen to them, that could change, of course. We'll have to see which one grows on me the most.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Out on the Border

Totally feeling these first two tracks. The sound is amazing, his voice is in great shape, the writing is pretty sharp, the stories told are believable and heartfelt. To me, he really dug deep here. I can relate to these songs, you know?

I also feel that musically there's more subtle melodies going on here, rather than very obvious hooks. Can't wait to hear more!!

9/25/15:

Capitol Record now have Don strolling at the top of albums that's coming out or is out now.

www.capitolrecords.com

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    A review! Apparently, David Gilmour released a new song yesterday as well, and this self-proclaimed Classic Rock critic listened to the songs, and gives his take on both David and Don, and is honest in saying he generally doesn't care for new music. In short, David seems to have 'phoned it in'. Don, however, got a great review. Of course

http://thebrandchef.com/can-40-year-...-test-of-time/
    Great review - he only spoils it by calling it Clay County!
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Banned

Default Re: Press and Discussion about Cass County

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    BTW, since there have been pages and pages of material, I thought it might be helpful to quickly summarize what we've gotten in the last few days:

You can watch a trailer about the album here.

You can pre-order bundles and/or the album here. If you pre-order the digital version of the album, you get to download two tracks right away: "Take a Picture of This" and "That Old Flame".

You can listen to Don's new songs "Take a Picture of This" and "That Old Flame" (with Martina McBride) here.

The Cass Country track listing is here, and is as follows:

• Bramble Rose (Lead vocals DH, Mick Jagger, and Miranda Lambert)
    • The Cost of Living (Lead vocals DH and Merle Haggard)
    • No, Thank You (harmony vocal Vince Gill)
    • Waiting Tables (harmony vocals Molly Felder, Jamey Johnson, and Lee Ann Womack)
    • Take a Picture of This (harmony vocals Michelle Branch, Sally Dwarsky, Gale Mayes and Angela Primm)
    • Too Far Gone (harmony vocals Alison Kraus and Jamey Johnson)
    • That Old Flame (Lead vocals DH and Martina McBride)
    • The Brand New Tennessee Waltz (harmony vocals Alison Kraus)
    • Words Can Break Your Heart (harmony vocals Trisha Yearwood)
    • When I Stop Dreaming (lead vocals DH and Dolly Parton)
    • Praying for Rain (harmony vocals Molly Felder, Vince Gill, Alison Kraus, Ashley Monroe, and Trisha Yearwood)
    • Too Much Pride (harmony vocals Gale Mayes and Angela Primm)
    • She Sang Hymns Out of Tune (harmony vocals Molly Felder, Martie Maguire, Ashley Monroe, and Emily Robison)
    • Train in the Distance (harmony vocal Lucinda Williams)
    • A Younger Man
    • Where I Am Now (harmony vocal Trisha Yearwood)

So, if you want a list of performers consolidated, the following sing leads with Don:

• Merle Haggard
    • Mick Jagger
    • Miranda Lambert
    • Martina McBride
    • Dolly Parton

The following appear on the album singing harmony parts:

• Michelle Branch
    • Sally Dwarsky
    • Molly Felder
    • Vince Gill
    • Jamey Johnson
    • Alison Kraus
    • Martie Maguire
    • Gale Mayes
    • Ashley Monroe
    • Angela Primm
    • Emily Robison
    • Lucinda Williams
    • Lee Ann Womack
    • Trisha Yearwood

The cities Don Henley will be playing shows that have been released so far are:

• Atlanta, GA
    • Chicago, IL
    • Dallas, TX
    • Denver, CO
    • Detroit, MI
    • Durham, NC
    • Los Angeles, CA
    • Nashville, TN
    • New York, NY
    • Philadelphia, PA
    • Port Chester, NY
    • San Francisco, CA
    • Santa Barbara, CA
    • Toronto, ON
    • Washington, D.C

Did I miss anything?

That's great Sodascouts, thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Sodascouts
    Just buying that $129 package ($150 when you add in shipping) and nervously entering my information into groundctrl. I hope that this time, I actually get everything I bought within a month of the expected arrival date.
    Good Luck with that too Soda. What are you getting for your $150?