Page 6 of 77 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25, 2015

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County due in Sept

A Don solo show in Nashville would be fantastic! I can't imagine he'd skip Nashville. Memphis is even better for me, but the odds aren't quite as good. I'd go to both if he did both.

The closest he's come solo since I've been a fan is freaking Oklahoma. I'm willing to travel, but it's nice when one doesn't have to go too far!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County due in Sept

I'd love to see him solo, so... Don. Milwaukee. Milwaukee loves you. If by Miwaukee you mean me.
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Interesting that the reporter for TRS was at the preview, but they said no official release date. The other lady said Sept. 18. Hmmm.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Heck I would drive the 3 hours to Memphis. Nashville is a maybe if its on a weekend. I would drive to my coast(like that will happen), Birmingham or New Orleans. I just really hope he will do dates in the south. Some artists seem to avoid the south. Heck more like Mississippi. Can't get anybody big here. Boston came last night and it was their first time. Their show sold out in days.

Don hasn't been here in Mississippi in years.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I don't have a driver's license nor a car of my own, so doubt that I'll get to see him live. .
    However, if he comes to somewhere like Tallahassee, Florida, I could probably convince my mom to take me (I wonder how cheap the nosebleed seats will be? ) I'm usually a very broke person unfortunately.

ETA: I'm almost 4 hours from Atlanta and my mom refuses to drive on I-75 anywhere near the city (been there, done that, lucky to make it out in one piece during Friday afternoon rush hour traffic). I know that Albany is too small for him to play, and so is Dothan, Alabama. (City an hour away). I can hope for Columbus, Georgia (it's about the same distance as Tallahassee), but I'm doubtful.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

VA, you crack me up!

I just saw this on Fb and now it's here too!

Classic Don!

I'm glad he helped write most of it.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Banned

I'm delighted by everything I've read about Cass County, accepting the strong country music element.

So far, there doesn't seem to be any songs with, the more admiral than enjoyable, unpleasant, self-righteous, condemnatory lyrical content, that Don's produced in the past. I'm looking forward to enjoying Cass County.

It's too early describe it but Cass County looks like it could be a warm hug of an album. Has Don turned into a Teddy Bear?

Thanks to everybody who has shared their comments, I've enjoyed reading them. I suppose texting during a press event is acceptable, even by Don. Many Thanks Jules Segovia.

Here's another article that was posted from another group. More names in this article.

http://themusicuniverse.com/don-henl...-in-nashville/

http://www.musicrow.com/2015/06/don-...in-music-city/

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Here's another article that was posted from another group. More names in this article.

http://themusicuniverse.com/don-henl...-in-nashville/

http://www.musicrow.com/2015/06/don-...in-music-city/
    Thank you, Shun. I got both of these in Google alerts, but I can't open them where I am right now. I'll read them when I get home!!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

From the second article that Shun posted:

He first played the Tift Merritt song “Bramble Rose,” a mandolin waltz featuring Henely,Mick Jaggerand Miranda Lambert. The breathtaking, steel-soaked ballad “The Cost of Living” co-stars Henley withMerle Haggard.“Take a Picture of This” has the throb and lush melody of a classic Henley solo outing. The Martina McBride duet “That Old Flame” rocks like a No. 1 stone smash.Trisha Yearwood is the harmony singer on the power ballad “Words Can Break Your Heart.”

The Louvin Brothers chestnut “When I Stop Dreaming” drew loud applause for its arrangement as a duet with Dolly Parton. The shambling, stately, steady “Praying for Rain” has a chorus choir featuring Vince Gill, Alison Krauss, Kellie Pickler, Ashley Monroe and Yearwood. “Train in the Distance” is a rootsy, autbiographical outing with a background vocal by Lucinda Williams.

Mick Jagger and Miranda Lambert singing on the same song? That's definitely gonna be unique!

The more I read about it, the more I'm ready to listen to it! There's definitely a wide variety of singers on the album!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time