Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Eagles on Classic Gold this Sunday 21 October

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

I thought that too. I loved it from the first note. One of my favourite song, definitely.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I thought that too!

I really liked You Are Not Alone. Glenn told that his daughter was battling an eating disorder when he wrote it and he wanted to tell her that everything would be alright. Aawwww! What a good daddy! Very pretty song!

It was great to get this preview of the songs. And hearing about how they came to write them helps me. I think just coming in cold with the new album you tend to skip songs that don't catch you right off the bat and this helps get a perspective on them before hand.

They played Lyin' Eyes and One of These Nights. I really didn't need to hear those! Again!

Great hearing all the guys!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I loved You Are Not Alone when I heard it at Fallsview but hearing Glenn elaborate on his daughters difficulties and his feelings about her, made it twice as poignant and just wonderful!

Also Don and Tim talking about how "Do Something" came about was quite sweet too... I can just picture Tim playing around with the acoustic guitar and Don stopping beside him saying "that's it!! that's what I've been looking for, for this song!

Stuck on the Border

Taylor had an eating disorder? How awful. I hope she is OK now.

Re the 'no tour' thing it's a bit disheartening to read that 'well the album's over and now let's all move on'. This is a very exciting time for the fans and you would think the band would keep that in mind. I know for the band the album is now past history but not for us.

I knew they wouldn't be in Australia next year though, because I always thought they would do a year in the US first.

'Musical theatre'? I am not even going to hazard a guess as to what this will involve.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow - that is too bad about Taylor battling an eating disorder. Glenn has alluded several times to her going through some hard times, but I don't think he was ever specific about it until now. I am assuming she is doing much better. In Niagara Falls, she came out on stage, and looked absolutely adorable. She is very thin, but not an unhealthy thin. Just thin, like many other girls her age.

BTW - did anyone manage to record today's Capital Gold show?

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

The shows were so fantastic - it's a pity tonight will be the last

Yes, Dreamer, I recorded all of them, but I still don't have them in any "small" format. Please PM me if you want me to send you anything!
    We'll have stars to wish on every single night
    We'll build a fire and make love by candlelight

Yes, I recorded last night in mp3, but it's in one big block at the moment, and I haven't heard it yet.

That's really awful to hear about Taylor. I really hope she has managed to work though it with the support of her family. It's so tough being a teenager these days.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

I recorded it too, in 3 parts and emailed it to Nancy. One of them came back with the message "exceeds size limit".
    When she gets all interviews in several files and sizes from several people I hope she can use it.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Just finished the last part. WOW, this album is gonna be great! I almost feel a little melancholy.

Waiting in the Weeds is a beautiful song. I just love the piano. I liked Don's calling it a "horticultural love song" because of the line about following the plow! He was funny there.

Frail Grasp on the Big Picture is kinda funky! I don't know how some people will take the line about God presiding over football games!

Glenn's What Do I Do With My Heart is sooooo pretty! I love it that he and Don share lead on the last part.

Glenn said that they felt they needed a new record after HFO and that the fans deserved a new record for sticking with them. They would have had to "wrap it up" or turn in to a nostalgia band with out it. He also said they wouldn't be going out anytime soon. They want to see how the record takes and if they do tour they want to be able to play 7 or 8 of these new songs. I nearly teared up hearing him talk about this! So, it sounds like this record needs to sell if they are going to tour! So, get out your $$$ people!

I liked their "Beatlesque" term for Center of the Universe.

And It's Your World Now. I don't know. It sounded so final! They were talking about the end of the album and sounding like the end of the Eagles.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I listened to the album yesterday, as well. I seem to be in the minority since after hearing it as a whole I was pretty much underwhelmed. "Somebody" made me cringe on first listen. I'm hoping it grows on me.

Couple that with the arrogance of not touring "Fans, get out your wallets and buy the album. If we feel you've forked over enough $$$, then we'll consider going on tour and giving you the opportunity to get out your wallets and fork over some $$$ for tickets!"

Musical theater!!! Give me a break!