Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Eagles on Classic Gold this Sunday 21 October

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Well now, those are two completely different opinions!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    Well now, those are two completely different opinions!
    Yeah, I know. I'm sorry to be a wet blanket when everyone else is so excited.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Aw Molly - no need to apologize if that's your opinion. I commented in another thread that I absolutely LOVE the Long Road Out of Eden already. Maybe the album will grow on you, but maybe not. In any event, it is doubtful that you will curve the enthusiam around here.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

It'll also sound better without the "sneak peek" interruptions and on stereo speakers. I kept finding myself going, "ugh...not now!" when that thing would come on with the "sneak peek". lol

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Little Sister
    It'll also sound better without the "sneak peek" interruptions and on stereo speakers. I kept finding myself going, "ugh...not now!" when that thing would come on with the "sneak peek". lol
    Yes, they were so frustrating and always managed to come at a time when I was really getting into what I was listening to. I suppose the whole idea is to prevent people doing the whole 80's thing of recording the audio track onto an 'old fashioned' tape recorder.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I really liked You Are Not Alone. Glenn told that his daughter was battling an eating disorder when he wrote it and he wanted to tell her that everything would be alright. Aawwww! What a good daddy! Very pretty song!
    I was really shocked for Taylor and felt very sorry for her when I read that. It seems no teenager is immune from peer pressures these days. Kids are being sent out totally wrong messaged about body image from a very young age now. I hope she is doing well now and is putting it behind her with Glenn and Cindy's help. It was so sweet of Glenn to write YANA for her. What a daddy indeed!
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    I suppose the whole idea is to prevent people doing the whole 80's thing of recording the audio track onto an 'old fashioned' tape recorder.
    Believe it or not GA, that's exactly what I did for the first interview! I couldn't find anything "mac friendly", so I got out the old cassette recorder, sat it in front of my 'puter's speakers and voila! It worked!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    Aw Molly - no need to apologize if that's your opinion. I commented in another thread that I absolutely LOVE the Long Road Out of Eden already. Maybe the album will grow on you, but maybe not. In any event, it is doubtful that you will curve the enthusiam around here.
    Well said, Dreamer. I mean we don't have to love the album just because it's the Eagles. As I mentioned before there are some I like and some I don't (this may be changed when I listen to these more often). That was also the case for the previous albums. It happens very rare that I like ALL songs of an album, no matter what artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    I suppose the whole idea is to prevent people doing the whole 80's thing of recording the audio track onto an 'old fashioned' tape recorder.
    Believe it or not GA, that's exactly what I did for the first interview! I couldn't find anything "mac friendly", so I got out the old cassette recorder, sat it in front of my 'puter's speakers and voila! It worked!
    Well done Brooke. Its true sometimes....the old ways are still the best I taped 'How Long' from the radio because I could'nt get it anywhere else (Except the video I downloaded from you-tube and put on the ipod). Worked a treat. Hubby nearly cracked up with laughter, said it brought him right back seeing the tape cassette by the radio.
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I said something the other day about being "old school" and one of my kids said, "you're old alright". I countered with, "and you're grounded".