Thread: James Horner

Default James Horner

There are a handful of film music composers that I know of, and can sit and listen to as I'm watching a movie and go, hey, this sounds good, and it sounds like something this guy would do. I have to sit through the credits to see if I'm right, and sure enough, more often than not I am.
    James Horner died in a plane crash on Monday sadly, and he was one of those composers that made me sit through the credits. He did some amazing work. He will be greatly missed.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: James Horner

I had to look him up because I didn't recognize his name. It turns out that he did the score for some of favorite movies, Star Trek II and III, Glory, Land Before Time, Hocus Pocus, and Apocalypto(the only non English movie I've ever watched), and several others.

May he rest in peace.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Border Desperado

I believe in the mid to late 1990's that Timothy B. Schmit and his wife along with James Horner and his wife and some other individuals were responsible for securing the last 10 acres of a 67 acre public preserve known as the Cold Creek Valley Preserve. The preserve is home to deer, bobcats, mountain lions and woodwardia---giant chain ferns that are the tallest in North America and usually not found in southern California where the preserve is located.

I didn't know about that connection - thanks, WKM.

RIP, James Horner.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

This is such a tragic loss. I didn't know about James Horner's connection to Timothy either. This man was an enormously talented legendary composer. He was responsible for some of the most memorable musical film scores of our time. In addition to the ones already mentioned, a few more of his credits are Aliens, Braveheart, A Beautiful Mind, Apollo 13, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Avatar, and from one of my all time favorites, the Academy Award winning, Titanic.

My heart goes out to his family and loved ones. His loss leaves a huge hole in the film industry.

R.I.P. James Horner.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016