Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RIP Chris Squire

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: RIP Chris Squire

I'd love to see Jon Anderson back with Yes, but I'm not holding my breath on it.

The RnRHOF has a habit of ignoring very deserving bands for long periods of time. Yes was eligible before the Eagles were!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

Found this yesterday. They've collected together tributes from musicians. I have noticed before that the YES guys tend to have a rather good memory when it comes to their music and their own parts, but check out Oliver Wakeman's writing. WOW!

http://yesworld.com/2015/06/chris-squire/

Although I have to admit that I have no idea where this "run down from C", or B for that matter, is in that song, and I know the song well. I checked a bass TAB too and couldn't find any kind of "run downs".
    Last edited by chaim; 07-24-2015 at 08:27 AM.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Thank you so much, Chaim! It is remarkable to see all the loving tributes to Chris.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Wow! Chaim, thanks for sharing that! I especially loved Jon Anderson's comparison of Chris being Christopher Robin and Jon being Winnie the Pooh. That brought a tear to my eye. Words cannot describe reading all of those meaningful, from the heart tributes and memories!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

Glad you enjoyed the page. From everything I've read it seems that Chris was a real sweetheart. Seems that he never acted like he was above anyone and there was always the classic Chris Squire smile when a fan met him.
    I've read some stories from fans. One said that when he had ordered the special version of Chris's solo album there was a postal strike or something. So there was a delay, and Chris PERSONALLY called him to apologize!!

Yes, I read that too! I would have fainted if that happened to me.

It's nice that Chris and his wife Scottie felt a kind of friendship with the fans. I used to hang out on YesFans and Scottie would post there on occasion - more frequently after their daughter was born prematurely in December 2008. She got a lot of support and advice from people who had gone through the same experience.

You've probably seen this posting on Chris' Facebook page, if anyone wants to donate:
    MESSAGE FROM CHRIS'S WIFE, SCOTLAND SQUIRE
    I just wanted to say thank you so much for the love from all of our friends.
    Many of you have asked if you can send flowers but Chris asked that I make sure that in lieu of flowers, donations be made to Mayo Clinic.
    Please designate donations to Leukemia Research at Mayo Clinic Arizona in memory of Christopher Squire.
    Donations can be called in to +1(480)301-8326
    online at https://philanthropy.mayoclinic.org/christophersquire
    or mailed directly to:
    Mayo Clinic, Department of Development, 13400 East Shea Boulevard, Scottsdale, Arizona 85259 USA
    I cannot thank all of you enough for your love and support throughout this very sad and difficult time.
    Love,
    Scotland Squire

Stuck on the Border

Yeah, I've seen that. But I had no idea that she participated in a YES forum. If you have any more stories about that I'd be thrilled to "hear"!

She shared some photos of their baby (Xilan) and Chris holding her in the hospital. I also remember her complaining about someone posting a photo of Chris' ex-wife Nikki and said she is crazy!

I guess the Yes fan community is ... "small" is not the right word, but small enough so that there can be some interaction with the band. When a devoted fan who went to many shows passed away a few months ago, a couple of band members announced it on their Facebook pages.

Stuck on the Border

Interesting. I thought that the "Yes world" is much bigger.

Maybe that's just a false impression I got, because it seems the majority of people posting in YesFans seem to have met the band several times. I felt quite left out!