Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: What should Don's tour for Cass County be like?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: What should Don's tour for Cass County be like?

Well said, Dreamer, the thread was meant to be a conversation about what we'd like to see as well as what might actually happen.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    You know very well what I meant.

Let's leave it at that.
    Sorry Freypower, I don't know what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    This tour has nothing to do with the Eagles & nothing to do with LROOE.
    I think the tour is about selling tickets, entertaining the audience and promoting Cass County. Probably growing as an artist and performer too.

I'd prefer it if you didn't tell me what I'm thinking, Freypower. You're speculating at best...

Stuck on the Border

As we're speculating, I wouldn't be surprised if Don included Waiting in the Weeds.

I certainly hope he'll include a good number of the songs from his new album. I can't see the point of touring behind an album and only playing one or two tracks from it. He could make more money touring with the Eagles so it's not a cash grab and he's not short of good solo material. So long as he's not trying to sell out stadiums, he doesn't need to stick to the tried and trusted.

I have no idea how long he might tour for this, but if it's any amount of dates, he might front load the dates with more Cass County material, then play fewer later. Or more. I would love to hear him do Waiting in the Weeds live, but I'm not going to hold my breath. IMO, he's more likely to sing a cover of a song that means something to him if he elects not to pull from his own solo catalog and the tried and trusted Eagles classics. I say that because that's what he done up to now. It's not like the man hasn't toured since the tour for his last album.
    VK

Sometimes the members of the Eagles surprise us. There have been occasions in the past when a poster has vehemently insisted that something would "never" happen, only for the event to come to pass. It does no harm to speculate. Time will tell who is correct.

That said, I agree that the odds of Don playing a song from LROOE are slim. He's got a shorter set than the Eagles and I imagine he will intersperse Cass County material with solo hits and perennial Eagles favorites such as Desperado, HC, and LITFL rather than taking up time with LROOE tracks. This is especially true for the title track and WITW, both of which are rather long. As VA points out, he usually adds a cover or two, which leaves even less time for LROOE songs.

If he does a major change to his setlist, I think it would be focusing on country-tinged numbers from his and the Eagles' catalogs and dropping or modifying the songs that don't fit that genre, a la Glenn and his After Hours tour. That could be quite interesting.

I guess we'll see.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Just got an email from the Eagles online store to the effect that Don Henley will tour North America in October 2015 and that each ticket purchased will include a copy of Cass County. I guess it was too much to hope for a few European dates
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I opened a thread for the actual tour discussion, as opposed to the speculation and wish list that's here, though this one will still be fun to speculate with.
    VK

Banned

Just seen that Shawn Colvin will be supporting Don during his Cass County tour.

I bought one of Shawn's singles. The beautiful, I Don't Know Why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67flP6YePgs

Can't you just hear Don singing that.
    To be honest, I actually thought Don was on it. I must be getting her mixed up with Patty Smith (Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough)

Shawn's got the vocal chops to help Don out with some of his duets.

I'd love to see Shawn Colvin and Don Henley come to MT. This is cowboy country and I think the two songs that I've heard, would be a big hit.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............