Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What should Don's tour for Cass County be like?

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: What should Don's tour for Cass County be like?

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Maybe with the country flavor, he'll do more dates in the south. I think Nashville's a given, but perhaps Atlanta, Little Rock, Birmingham, NOLA, and dear old Memphis would also be warranted.
    Exactly what I was thinking and hoping for.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

This is unexpected. I wonder if it's true?

VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    We love country music in Ireland and we love Don Henley as well. Only saying......

So true, GA and Lacken!!! I really NEED some good news to cheer me up.....

.....PLEASE DON I'm praying you'll come and see us in Ireland!!!!
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post

When I saw this, I had wonder if Steuart will be in the band too since he has many years of experience playing country music. Plus he was in Rodney Crowell's band for many years before he joined the Eagles and still tours with Rodney when the Eagles are not touring. Don usually do have two guitarist anyway, but we'll see.

Someone posted this on one of the Don Henley Appreciation group. He has a facebook page, but it hasn't been updated since 2010 when his album was released. He's got a nice voice, good guitar playing and he's kinda cute. lol At least he's going to be easy on the eye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYti7ORjuO8
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 07-11-2015 at 10:35 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post

It looks like Chris Holt is, so far, non-committal!
    I'm imagining that Peter Thorn is working with somebody else. Henley is very loyal to his backing band.

I hope Steuart is in the band. It greatly increases the possibility of Don performing Center Of The Universe, Business As Usual and/or Waiting In The Weeds during the tour.

According to his résumé (https://dallas.schoolofrock.com/faculty/chris-holt), Don sings back up on Chris Holt's forthcoming solo album, Stargazer.

As always, thanks for the links VA.
    Last edited by Funk 50; 07-12-2015 at 05:56 AM.

I'll play guitar for you Don if this Chris guy backs out...just let me know when and where.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I'll play guitar for you Don if this Chris guy backs out...just let me know when and where.

Good one, Austin - I'll iron those darn check shirts, polish his old boots and throw his bottle of hair dye away...I'll even sing backing if he's stuck - I know all the words, I've played his songs enough of times!...c'mon Don, I'm waiting....
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    It looks like Chris Holt is, so far, non-committal!
    I'm imagining that Peter Thorn is working with somebody else. Henley is very loyal to his backing band.

I hope Steuart is in the band. It greatly increases the possibility of Don performing Center Of The Universe, Business As Usual and/or Waiting In The Weeds during the tour.

According to his résumé (https://dallas.schoolofrock.com/faculty/chris-holt), Don sings back up on Chris Holt's forthcoming solo album, Stargazer.

As always, thanks for the links VA.
    I don't know how you read 'non-commital' into this given that Holt himself is not quoted.

As for your assumption that Don may perform COTU & BAU, neither of which he has ever peformed, good luck with that. He has a new album to promote. He's going to do new songs from that, not songs from an album which the Eagles have discarded. He never played those two songs with the Eagles so why would he play them on his own? That would indicate that he also wouldn't do WITW since that song relies so much on the Eagles harmonies. Also since 2007 he has done solo shows with Steuart. If he had wanted to perform any of those songs he had every opportunity to do so.

And before you say 'but Glenn did a couple of LROOE songs which he never performed with the Eagles' - yes, he did. Before LROOE was released & the songs were new.

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDon View Post
    Good one, Austin - I'll iron those darn check shirts, polish his old boots and throw his bottle of hair dye away...I'll even sing backing if he's stuck - I know all the words, I've played his songs enough of times!...c'mon Don, I'm waiting....
    Sounds good to me. I also know his and the Eagles material front to back. I think it'd be a good thing!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."