Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What should Don's tour for Cass County be like?

Banned

Default Re: What should Don's tour for Cass County be like?

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDon View Post
    Good one, Austin - I'll iron those darn check shirts, polish his old boots and throw his bottle of hair dye away...I'll even sing backing if he's stuck - I know all the words, I've played his songs enough of times!...c'mon Don, I'm waiting....
    Do you think he'd let you polish his boots DivineDon? I think he'd prefer you to scuff 'em up some more

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    I don't know how you read 'non-commital' into this given that Holt himself is not quoted.
    The quote confirms the offer but doesn't include the reply. I would've thought anybody (except Felder) would sign up instantly before Don gets a chance to ask somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    As for your assumption that Don may perform COTU & BAU, neither of which he has ever performed, good luck with that. He has a new album to promote. He's going to do new songs from that, not songs from an album which the Eagles have discarded. He never played those two songs with the Eagles so why would he play them on his own?
    I certainly don't assume that they'll do LROOE tunes but as the Eagles have completely ignored that album for the HOTE tour, Don may feel a strong urge to redress that major snub.

Don's the king for singing Eagles songs at his solo concerts (except Felder). If you look at a LROOE set list. Don was the only guy that sang new tracks that were actually written by band members. ie. not covers. He may have wanted to do more.

I think the songs Don wrote with Steuart would make fine additions to his Cass County set list. Indeed, if Don and Steuart were the major players in a songs creation, Don's tour would be the ideal opportunity to give one or two an airing.

It wasn't until after Don started performing The Long Run at his solo shows that the Eagles reintroduced it into their set list. It didn't even make the surprising Millennium shows' set list. I'm pretty sure The Long Run has been ever present ever since.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

F50, I have to agree with Fp here. I don't expect to hear Don sing any songs from LROOE. I guess we can wish and dream though!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Unfortunately, F50, I agree with FP as well, though I wish it weren't so. Stueart's been touring with Don for so long now, if he were going to include 'unplayed' material it would have been before now. I think going forward, the new additions to his setlist will solely be Cass County material.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post

I certainly don't assume that they'll do LROOE tunes but as the Eagles have completely ignored that album for the HOTE tour, Don may feel a strong urge to redress that major snub.

Don's the king for singing Eagles songs at his solo concerts (except Felder). If you look at a LROOE set list. Don was the only guy that sang new tracks that were actually written by band members. ie. not covers. He may have wanted to do more.

I think the songs Don wrote with Steuart would make fine additions to his Cass County set list. Indeed, if Don and Steuart were the major players in a songs creation, Don's tour would be the ideal opportunity to give one or two an airing.

It wasn't until after Don started performing The Long Run at his solo shows that the Eagles reintroduced it into their set list. It didn't even make the surprising Millennium shows' set list. I'm pretty sure The Long Run has been ever present ever since.
    You have completely lost me with the bit about 'Don was the only Eagle to sing original LROOE songs'. I fail to see the relevance of this to anything. I also fail to see the relevance of him performing The Long Run & it then being played by the Eagles.

Glenn sings Eagles songs at solo shows too, so again I fail to see what point you are trying to make.

As I said & others have said, he has had eight years to do some of those songs, with Steuart, at solo shows, and he failed to do so. He is not going to derail the promotion of his own album in order to do these songs.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

You never known. Don may have some nice surprises up his sleeve. Let the people dream!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    You have completely lost me with the bit about 'Don was the only Eagle to sing original LROOE songs'. I fail to see the relevance of this to anything.
    I think it shows that Don is willing to perform his own new songs live. He may wish to perform more of the other LROOE songs that he's written. I don't see the Eagles performing them in future.

I also fail to see the relevance of him performing The Long Run & it then being played by the Eagles.
    Shows that Don will perform Eagles songs that the band don't play.

As I said & others have said, he has had eight years to do some of those songs, with Steuart, at solo shows, and he failed to do so. He is not going to derail the promotion of his own album in order to do these songs.
    The Long Road Out Of Eden album has only been shunned by the Eagles for two or three years. Since the HOTE tour, it now looks more likely that songs from that album are more likely to be played at future solo shows than during future Eagles tours,

Cass County looks like being Don's biggest tour since Inside Job in 2000.

I expect a third of Don's Cass County set list, to be Cass County songs, It's unlikely that the other two thirds will include Long Road Out Of Eden songs but certainly not impossible.

As I said, Don may feel, he needs to make up for the Eagles ignoring Long Road Out Of Eden during the HOTE Tour.

Stuck on the Border

[quote=Funk 50;304979]I think it shows that Don is willing to perform his own new songs live. He may wish to perform more of the other LROOE songs that he's written. I don't see the Eagles performing them in future.

Of course he will perform his own new songs live. The LROOE songs are Eagles songs. Furthermore, they are no longer 'new'.

Shows that Don will perform Eagles songs that the band don't play.

That happened once, a decade ago.

The Long Road Out Of Eden album has only been shunned by the Eagles for two or three years. Since the HOTE tour, it now looks more likely that songs from that album are more likely to be played at future solo shows than during future Eagles tours,

It has been shunned by them for five years. They last played songs from it in 2010 in Australia. Glenn did YANA at two small shows in 2011. That was it.

So why are the LROOE songs suddenly going to be played at solo shows? You say 'more likely'. You give no reason why you think this might happen. The band has abandoned the album. In HOTE it was barely mentioned. It has been ignored in this tour. So I'm afraid I don't think the individual members will revive it. Also, it should be stated that only one of them was prepared to play any of the songs solo, and that was Glenn. Don never has.

As I said, Don may feel, he needs to make up for the Eagles ignoring Long Road Out Of Eden during the HOTE Tour.

I don't see why. This tour has nothing to do with the Eagles & nothing to do with LROOE.

Banned

This tour has nothing to do with the Eagles & nothing to do with LROOE.
    Hotel California? Desperado?

You don't think Don will be doing any Eagles tunes?

Stuck on the Border

You know very well what I meant.

Let's leave it at that.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    You never known. Don may have some nice surprises up his sleeve. Let the people dream!!
    Very true, MC. This thread is about speculating after all so none of us knows for sure what will happen.

Now, having said that we don't know what will happen, my speculation is that he will indeed play a few of the same Eagles classics that he usually plays. Unfortunately, though, I'm not sure that he would include anything off of LROOE as an Eagles classic, so my guess is that he won't include anything from the album.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016