Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eagles' opinions on their own work

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles' opinions on their own work

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Well, we know that Glenn thinks his vocal is out of tune on "Peaceful, Easy Feeling." I assume he means the chorus, and perhaps the "woah -oh oh" near the end. What do ya'll think? The pitch may be *slightly* slack but I don't think it's actually out of tune.
    Interesting. I've never heard about this before. I don't tend to notice stuff like that either - if a note or two is slightly out of tune. And if I do, it doesn't bother me.
    There's one high "ooooooooo" in the background vocals in Most Of Us Are Sad that goes out of tune and comes back. Probably Randy. It does bother me a bit. I can't check now, but I think it's at the end.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Glenn talking to Bob Costas about his favourite Eagles and solo songs back in 1992:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHPwHeTLLV0
    Thanks UTW. I raised an eyebrow when Glenn said True Love. I was expecting him to say Smuggler's Blues. I always enjoy hearing True Love but I never realised it was one of Glenn's faves.

When Bill Szymczyk started remastering the Eagles back catalogue, he discovered that the first CD edition of their first album actually played half a tone too slow.

I used to tune my guitar to Eagles records, They were so reliable.

Glenn describes the marvellous synth solo, he plays during, Teenage Jail as out of tune and out of time... but it works. I just wonder how many times he attempted to better it before accepting defeat. I Love It!

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Well, we know that Glenn thinks his vocal is out of tune on "Peaceful, Easy Feeling." I assume he means the chorus, and perhaps the "woah -oh oh" near the end. What do ya'll think? The pitch may be *slightly* slack but I don't think it's actually out of tune.
    I listened to the song several times yesterday to see if I could notice anything, and honestly, I don't. At least, nothing that makes me go "what happened here?". Then again, maybe there's something there that people who aren't singers can't detect lol.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Thanks UTW. I raised an eyebrow when Glenn said True Love. I was expecting him to say Smuggler's Blues. I always enjoy hearing True Love but I never realised it was one of Glenn's faves.
    There are many reasons why a musician/songwriter may like certain songs more than others, of course. The reason can be the song itself. It can be the studio session - if it was fun to make etc. It can also be, especially with someone like Glenn, that he decided to take some influences he loves and managed to write a nice song of his own out of that.
    Last edited by chaim; 07-08-2015 at 11:40 AM.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    I listened to the song several times yesterday to see if I could notice anything, and honestly, I don't. At least, nothing that makes me go "what happened here?". Then again, maybe there's something there that people who aren't singers can't detect lol.
    I imagine their ears are very finely tuned and discerning, especially a harmony singer like Glenn. There's almost certainly a digital gizmo these days that can say spot on whether a voice or instrument is on point and to what degree.

F50: "When Bill Szymczyk started remastering the Eagles back catalogue..." would this be the 2005 remasters? I've read that there were also remasters done in 1999 [not sure about the reliability of that info].
    Last edited by NightMistBlue; 07-07-2015 at 01:32 PM.

Banned

Looks like 1999 NightMistBlue,

I've got all these Eagles compilations. I just listen to mp3s now.

http://www.allmusic.com/album/select...9-mw0000105627

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Thank you, Funk. Oh my. This could get expensive. I'll have to ponder for awhile.
    Last edited by NightMistBlue; 07-08-2015 at 08:49 AM.