Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, NJ - July 17, 2015

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, NJ - July 17, 2015

The concert is long over and surprisingly, there are virtually no tweets about it. Hopefully, those at the concert will be able to fill the gap here and soon!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Default Re: Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, NJ - July 17, 2015

VK

Great concert as expected...Glenn seemed to have a bit of sniffles and retreated for tissues a few times. He had what looked like white bandages on each wrist. Maybe he always does and I never noticed. He was in great spirits and enjoyed his jokes. I love when his eyes are closed and he is totally absorbed in the performance. Don appeared to be sucking a throat lozenges when he came out. He was relaxed and smiling more than I have seen in the past. Prior to concert and at intermission, there was a video of Don announcing the September 25 release of Cass County including a list of artists who contributed. The list scrolled fast, I only caught Lucinda Williams. Don did say with a big smile "final lap of hote".

More details to post later today...

A few more observations..... Initially Joe seemed less energetic than usual. His enthusiasm surged with Hotel CA which was amazing The crowd reacted with thunderous applause. Glenn reacted by pointing to Joe. Timothy's best vocal IMO was LWKUT. I didn't see the playful coin/pick toss with Crago. Bernie's performances were flawless. He was his usual relaxed self enjoying the gig.

The performances lived up to the Eagles' high standards. I enjoyed every minute and found no faults yet I sensed maybe they were a little tired.

Tried but unsuccessful finding border friends....best to pick a meeting place or send a photo before concert.

Have some funny stories to share in another post.

For all who are attending the remaining concerts...enjoy

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

A terrific concert as always. HH texted me and reminded me not only to enjoy myself, but this would probably be the last time to see them, and to make sure to soak it all in. I was surprised and pleased with the additions of BOML and NKIT. Glenn told his plaintiff joke, and although I find it unfunny and repetitious, the way people laughed at it you would've thought it was the funniest joke on Earth. No one really laughed at the "where mother is half a word" joke during the band introductions. They played video previews of Don's album before the show and during the break, and it sounds great !! Can't wait to hear it all !! They didn't come on stage until after 8, I suspect because some deep thinker decided to let everyone in at one and herd them all like cattle towards the one escalator they have, making it a rather arduous process to get to your seat. Although they sternly reminded everyone to not use their cellphones to take pictures or record there was no one enforcing this, so I got some pics, and several people around me were recording songs on their phones.

I was outside after the concert waiting to see if I could get an outside shirt for cheap (One of them was kinda nice, with the band on the front and dates on the back) when a cop grabbed a bunch from a guy and walked over and put them on top of a trash can. Of course, everyone ran over and grabbed one, but I couldn't make it over in enough time. I'm still kinda pissed about it. Lol !!

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

hey gang...

i am in Atlantic City. and i found out that the boys were here just LAST NIGHT. just my timing right?

i hope who ever went had an awesome time and i'm gonna read up on it tomorrow

Cynd, pictures you posted were from a Buffalo newspaper, so I assumed they were from the concert there last night. So I moved them to the Buffalo thread.
    VK

Thanks, VA...my error. YES, they are from lastnight in Buffalo. (Haven't finished my first cup of coffee yet!)
    I just need a little downtime.........

A little blue dot popped up on TM a few days ago that I couldn't resist. It was a regular priced venue seat ($179). Lower bowl, 3rd row, at the stage on Joe's side. At the show, I was in line with row 3 on the floor and had no one in front of me due to the way the section is angled. I talked about tickets and pricing with the folks around me and they had all bought Platinum seats which normally come in sets of two. I got lucky getting odd #13 on a row with 13 seats.

The Boardwalk Hall is not the typical sports arena venue. I think it was constructed in 1929. It was an interesting place to see.

I was not surprised or disappointed by another great performance. As we read and hear from time to time, they get tired of the same material, but they still deliver it to the fans with at least what appears to be a high level of enthusiasm. These guys are loved. One lady stood crying, staring at the stage, well after the band was gone.

It was great to see the ads for Cass County run before the show and at intermission. Something else to look forward to as this tour ends.

Keith, lucky you!!! Yes, when VIP and Platinum seats don't sell out, they release them as face value seats, so it's always good to keep checking right up to the day of the concert.

I'm glad you were able to take in another concert and had such a good time!
    VK