Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: American Airlines Ctr, Miami, FL - July 10, 2015

Out on the Border

Default Re: American Airlines Ctr, Miami, FL - July 10, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Thanks, Flojo, been looking forward to your review for a week now!

What is the "in between the dark and the light" bit that was missing?
    MC it's the guitar bit just after that, I wouldn't call it a riff as such. As far as I remember it's not on all of the recordings, but if you listen to the song you'll probably know what I mean straight away. I do wish they had been able to get Randy Meisner on this tour, he makes all the difference to that song.

Sorry I didn't have anything more exciting to share, I think I've had a lifetime of luck on this tour already

GA Hartford on the 15th is our next and final show. Then it's waiting to see if we're both included in the 35% of redundancies our employer is making. Hey, maybe one of the Eagles is looking for a Captain for their superyacht

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I loved how Glenn sent out "Take It to the Limit" to Randy and said he hoped Randy would be alright.

Flojo, I also had a constant yapper seated near me. Our seats were $400 each; I cannot imagine paying that kind of dosh and then talking over the music the whole time. Unbelievable.

Anyway! Back to the music. Did anyone notice something different about Don's voice? Specifically, he was kind of lisping, like something was wrong with his front teeth? Whatever was ailing him, he was able to rally as the show went on and did a great job.

I know we've teased Glenn about telling the same jokes, but they're still working so ya can't really blame the guy. The "plaintiff" line got such a huge laugh from the crowd that even Glenn seemed amused.

I was really happy to hear Mr. Frey say that they were inspired to do 4 and 5-part harmonies because of the Beach Boys. "We're the settlers, but they were the pioneers." I knew Frey was a fan, but never heard him specifically talk about the BB influence on Eagles harmonies.

Quote Originally Posted by flojo View Post
    MC it's the guitar bit just after that, I wouldn't call it a riff as such. As far as I remember it's not on all of the recordings, but if you listen to the song you'll probably know what I mean straight away.
    Oh, the descending flourish (what else to call it?) - I hadn't noticed they didn't play it. I was impressed as hell with Steuart's playing on that.

Joe was brilliant, as usual. He makes it look so easy. "Life's Been Good" was a huge highlight for me. Somehow, when I saw them 2 years ago, I didn't see the backdrop video featuring Joe in a Godzilla costume destroying a city.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Glenn in his Miami Heat jersey, or whatever you call a shirt that basketball players wear.

Photo "borrowed" from Eagles Fastlane fine Facebook page.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    To answer his question, "Are there people who saw the Eagles in 2015 and 2013, witnessed the same set and feel robbed or bored?" Well, no I don't feel robbed because I knew that going in they'd be playing the same songs. Do I wish they had varied the set? Absolutely. But I don't get to make decisions for the band - my decision point was in buying a ticket (or not). They run their own business and they do it well. What else is there to say really? Some artists feel a great need to keep the set list consistent: Fleetwood Mac, the Police when they toured a few years ago. They have videos and lighting that have to be synced with the performance - maybe that's why, I don't know.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Glenn in his Miami Heat jersey, or whatever you call a shirt that basketball players wear.

Photo "borrowed" from Eagles Fastlane fine Facebook page.
    Basketball and football players where jerseys. In hockey they are traditionally called sweaters, but that is slowly falling by the way-side.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Now, my question is what does the number 1 on the jersey stand for? Is there a current Heat player who wears #1? It is just a jersey with a number on it? (I've had a few of those before). I wish there was a shot of his back so that I could tell.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

The back says FREY. I think Pat Riley is a friend and had it made special for Glenn. I wonder if the other guys got a jersey too.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Thanks for you review flojo and glad you had a great evening! Of course, we knew you would!

Glenn is too cute in his jersey! Love it!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten