Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bon Secours Wellness Arena, Greenville, SC - July 12, 2015

Default Re: Bon Secours Wellness Arena, Greenville, SC - July 12, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by TimFan222 View Post
    Just like Secondchances said, what a great audience we had last night!!! The audience was into it from the first moment until the last minute The guys seem tired but still give their usual great show.
    I saw Timothy once looking around as if to savor the experience. I really hope they have another tour in them. I also think they have another album in them musically if they would just do it. But I am probably just dreaming....

A big shoutout to Keith and Wendy. Great seeing you again. Wish we lived closer. Hope to see you again soon!!!!!!!
    Thanks Bettie! We had a large time with you and David. Maybe you two won't be able to resist the upcoming Henley tour and we can hang out some more.
    The break seemed to do a lot of good for the band. They appeared more energized.
    Don changed his opening discussion a little from what I have heard in the past. He stated how Bud, the owner of the first practice location, would drink a 12 pack and would state how good the band sounded. Don said, "Of course anything sounds good after 12 beers." To which Glenn said, "So, drink up ladies and gentlemen!
    A great performance. Nothing less than what we have grown to expect from this band.

Great feedback, ladies. Every time I realize they've ticked off one more show on this leg my heart skips to think it's all winding down. We saw them in Sioux Falls last month and it was fantastic. And we were suppose to go to Dayton but gave our tickets to my niece and her hubby because of my impending hand surgery. (It was suppose to happen a few weeks ago but the surgeon was called out of town for a family emergency and now I'm waiting for the reschedule date.) I'm so glad I got to Omaha last September and that we managed Sioux Falls but my heart is breaking to realize it may likely be coming to an end.
    I just need a little downtime.........

Out on the Border

Keith, your comment about Timothy seeming to look around and savor the experience was exactly what I saw, but it seemed to be happening with each of them, imo. Almost as if they were savoring the experience as much as we in the audience were. Made me sad and happy all at the same time And I agree that they definitely have more songs in them - just don't know if they are willing to invest that much of themselves at this point. I guess we can only hope!

Thanks for the review, Secondchances. Glad your family enjoyed the show. I hope to see Don and Glenn solo shows as well.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Thanks for the reviews, all! I'm right with all of you, my heart breaking that the tour is coming to an end. It's an awesome show, and it showcases the things the things they do best. I know it's not effortless, but they sure make it look effortless to put on such a high quality show night after night.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

There was a guy on my flight back to St. Louis complaining about the show. He said he enjoyed the first four songs but then was bored. What an idiot!!!! It was all I could do to bite my tongue and realize not everyone is as smart and enlightened as Border members☺️☺️☺️

Quote Originally Posted by TimFan222 View Post
    There was a guy on my flight back to St. Louis complaining about the show. He said he enjoyed the first four songs but then was bored. What an idiot!!!! It was all I could do to bite my tongue and realize not everyone is as smart and enlightened as Border members☺️☺️☺️
    Bored? Did he just happen to be in the area, or did he fly in specifically for the show? Maybe he just likes to hear himself talk.

Why would he go if he thought that their music was boring. The first 3 songs are the slower ones! I can't believe that he had never heard their music before going to the concert.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

What a waste of a ticket!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - all I can say about 'bored' is it made me feel warn and fuzzy and energized just reading this thread with all of your enthusiastic comments and thank all of you for that! I'm with GA - too bad "bored" didn't give that ticket to someone who may have been more inspired and appreciative. Wonder what he was expecting?

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016