Page 77 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2767737475767778798081 ... LastLast

Thread: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Border Desperado

Default Re: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Quote Originally Posted by thelongrun View Post
    Thnaks so much Night.... CBS was asking for a register and payment Yesterday... I will look that. Thanks. JP
    It wont play, not allowed due to the region Country... Shame...
    I will try Youtube of course...
    Be part of something good,
    Leave something good behind.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post

I was reading Vince was getting some flake for his performance. What some people don't know about Vince is he's an emotional man. I've been following Vince's career since 1994. When he's paying tribute to one of his friends that just died, he gets emotional and you can hear it in his voice that he was getting emotional as he was singing one of Glenn's songs. I've seen him get emotional when he sings for one of his friends he's lost. Vince has done KCH many times. So I don't think it was nerves for him.
    I don't know if you're referring to my post or not, but fwiw, I've been a fan of his since the late '80s. I watched him win a Grammy for "When I Call Your Name", beating out more established, better known artists and it was a career-changer. He sings one of my all-time favorite country ballads, "Whenever You Come Around." And his go-to background vocalist is one of my favorite singers, Patty Loveless. I wasn't trying to give him flak, I was just making an observation that I've seen him do better. It's not the 90s anymore. But I also said that maybe I should watch it again.

My post wasn't directed toward you. I was mostly talking about the people on facebook.

Border Desperado

I just found it and watched. Nice job Juanes: I will take back that. But Seger, the best, what a show. 4 Songs only?

Here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS0LVUoEF3o

My post wasn't directed toward you. I was mostly talking about the people on facebook.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by thelongrun View Post
    I just found it and watched. Nice job Juanes: I will take back that. But Seger, the best, what a show. 4 Songs only?

Here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS0LVUoEF3o
    5 songs. Take It Easy, Peaceful Easy Feeling, Hotel California, Heartache Tonight and Life In The Fast Lane.

I really hate the video montage was cut out of that video. That's the best quality I've seen of The Eagles tributes on youtube. There's another one video that has the video montage and performances, but the quality is not good.

Somebody will put up a good complete clip later.

Border Troubadour

I'm a Vince fan going back to When I call your name too and I've been lucky enough to see him twice. He puts on an amazing show but sometimes doesn't come across as impressive when he only does one or two songs. I agree that he was overcome with emotion - he was probably humbled and overwhelmed to be asked to contribute for Glenn, one of his idols and Peaceful Easy Feeling is such an iconic Glenn song!! I saw Vince's tribute to the late great George Jones and he was so distraught that Patty Loveless had to cover for him - they're sooo good singing together. He did a good job on LITFL when the others were with him.

As to the others, I have to admit to being disappointed apart from Bob of course. There just didn't seem any real 'guts' for want of a better word in either The Kings of Leon or Juanes' performances and yes I know they weren't singing their songs but think about how Don put such emotion into She's got a way about her for Billy Joel....but then not everyone's Don....

It must have been cool to have Ringo introduce them given that both Don and Glenn admitted that The Beatles were huge influences on them. Imagine becoming friends with your childhood idols or in Joe's case a brother-in-law???

Save
    Last edited by DivineDon; 12-29-2016 at 10:33 AM.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

I found this cute video of Mavis Staples singing I'll Take You There. You see Joe/Marjorie, Ringo/Barbara and Timothy in the video. This is from James Taylor's YouTube page.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3sRLXTf5zs[/ame]

What a snore. I guess Bob Seger did a good job but super weak compared to past honorees. Don being his usual stone faced self. He seems so unhappy there.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS0LVUoEF3o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS0LVUoEF3o[/ame]

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Border Desperado

5 songs. Take It Easy, Peaceful Easy Feeling, Hotel California, Heartache Tonight and Life In The Fast Lane.

I really hate the video montage was cut out of that video. That's the best quality I've seen of The Eagles tributes on youtube. There's another one video that has the video montage and performances, but the quality is not good.

Somebody will put up a good complete clip later.
    Cool!