Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 36768283848586

Thread: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Default Re: Kennedy Centre Honorees

3 years ago, the Eagles were being honored at the KCH and also the White reception. The state department was the night before.

Linda will be honored this weekend and I think I remembered reading that Linda said she was going to be there. I can't wait to watch it on December 15th.

I couldn't found the picture of Don and Cindy grinning. That's my favorite picture.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Here's the segment for the Eagles honors.

The whole White House reception. He doesn't talk about the guys until 12:21 and they show all the honorees at the end.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-04-2019 at 11:04 PM.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks shun for reviving the thread. I enjoy revisiting it. I think I have the photo of Don and Cindy that you are talking about. However, everytime I go to Imgur or Post Image to try to post photos here on the forum, they have changed it. I guess they make it really difficult because they must not want to encourage widespread usage. Go figure! Anyway, I can't figure out how to get the image to display here anymore, but here is a link to it. If you want to save the image to your PC, maybe you'll have better luck posting it than I did. Anyway, I leave this link up a few days in case you want to see it.

https://imgur.com/a/dKoMtA8

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

The 5th Anniversary of the Eagles getting their ribbons was this month.

Also. I don't know if we ever figured this out, but the blonde guy in the picture of Joe's family on the red carpet was Christian, Marjorie's son. I asked this question last night during reshowing of this year's Vetsaid.

Thanks y'all for the reminders of the band's 5th anniversary honoree celebration.

Found this video on former Eagles not welcomed at the Kennedy Centers Honors. It's from Rock History Music.com, Oct 22 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tk_8Z70WRQ

Happy Belated 6th Anniversary this past weekend of the guys being KC honorees.

Vince’s wife Amy Grant was one of the honorees this year. This year’s honorees were honored this past weekend.

Thanks Shun - I wasn't able to watch, unfortunately, but congratulations to all of this year's honorees. In addition to Amy, they included George Clooney, Gladys Knight, Tania Leon, and all four members of U2.