Page 40 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: Kennedy Centre Honorees

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Default Re: Kennedy Centre Honorees

My personal belief is that the fairest way to do this would be to honour the HOTE lineup of the band--Frey, Henley, Leadon, Schmit, and Walsh.

Meisner is clearly unwell at this time and Felder has totally poisoned the well with the entirety of the Eagles camp
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    I agree it would've been nice if it was all 7 but the KCH has always honored what they deemed as the current/most recent lineup of whatever band is chosen. I hope if they can they do go, but it's a really hard event to get into since most of audience will be people in the US government, the press, and current celebs. I'm still looking forward to watching it and like Shun said they'll honor everyone in the video about the band and the other musicians that will perform their songs.
    I wish people could accept that when lineup changes occur they have to be considered when an award like this is made. As I said the former members are HOF inductees & in my view that is sufficient recognition.

The thought of Felder being there in proximity to Cindy Frey, quite frankly, is not a scenario I wish to contemplate.

Quote Originally Posted by Glennhoney View Post
    I know that most won't agree with me....but I am perfectly comfortable with "the 4 that soldiered on" should be the only ones honored...I believe they made the right decision....
    I agree with you, GH and with your comments as well, FP.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glennhoney View Post
    I know that most won't agree with me....but I am perfectly comfortable with "the 4 that soldiered on" should be the only ones honored...I believe they made the right decision....
    Agree 100% GH. I think this is appropriate. My previous comment about Henley making the call may have been misconstrued to mean I think the 3 former members should be honored - I don't. I think Tim and Joe are along for the ride and are like, "Whatever..." and that Irving works for Don H. and therefore I think Don makes the decisions, not as a despot, but with the others' input. And I think he speaks for Glenn.

There is no scenario under which I think Felder would be included.

If this award were being presented in 1981, I think Randy would be included.

Could go either way with Bernie, but would be weird to have him but not the other two.

None of those three will attend as guests.

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    None of those three will attend as guests.
    Where did you read/hear this?

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

It's my opinion, based on living in society. I don't need to read it anywhere. If people think that former members of a band being recognized by the Kennedy Center with the president in attendance, who are not being recognized, will be approved as anyone's guests, when the band didn't want them recognized, they are certainly free to voice their prediction. That was a convoluted sentence but I think you know what I mean.

I can also break it down:

Felder - don't feel I need to explain
    Meisner - based on the details of his physical and mental health that came out in the court documents last year and in the wake of his wife's death, I predict this will not be his first public appearance.
    Leadon - he's cool and like Tim and Joe is like, "Whatever..."

I could be 100% wrong and will happily admit it if any of do them attend.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post

True fans recognise the importance of Bernie, Randy and Don but they are also not dismissive of the talents and achievements of Glenn, Don, Joe and Timothy.
    Ditto. Something on UCR sort of restates the decision after petition denied.
    http://ultimateclassicrock.com/eagle...letter_4572276

I'm out of touch as I would definitely have signed this petition. Now more than ever should be a time to come together and forget differences and remember the music and the role each of them played in making the band unforgettable.

SS
    xx
    http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2016...-band-for.html

Quote Originally Posted by secret squirrel View Post

I'm out of touch as I would definitely have signed this petition. Now more than ever should be a time to come together and forget differences and remember the music and the role each of them played in making the band unforgettable.

SS
    xx
    AMEN!!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by secret squirrel View Post
    Ditto. Something on UCR sort of restates the decision after petition denied.
    http://ultimateclassicrock.com/eagle...letter_4572276

SS
    xx

No, not now more than ever. This is not an award for music; it is an award for cultural significance over the decades since the 70s. Like it or not, it was the last four members of the band who remained the most active & had the most impact for those decades. If you consider that Felder, who drove the band to fire him, sued them, wrote a nasty book & has done nothing but snipe at them ever since, including about the tribute to Glenn & now about this, deserves such a prestigious award, I'm afraid I must disagree. There are wider issues than 'he co-wrote Hotel California'. Henley doesn't want him there & I would imagine that for the Frey family the sight of him would be unbearable.

'Forgiveness'? Not right now.

Quote Originally Posted by WS82Classics View Post
    My personal belief is that the fairest way to do this would be to honour the HOTE lineup of the band--Frey, Henley, Leadon, Schmit, and Walsh.

Meisner is clearly unwell at this time and Felder has totally poisoned the well with the entirety of the Eagles camp

I half disagree. Even though Randy isn't well doesn't mean he shouldn't be honored. He was there in the trenches when all the great music was being produced. Even if he didn't attend he could be honored.

On Felder I have mixed feelings, although Don was a intricate part of HC, he has caused a lot of unrest with the band, So my vote for him is still out.

Truly all 7 were Eagles.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............