Page 73 of 86 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast

Thread: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Default Re: Kennedy Centre Honorees

I haven't read any of the other posts yet, but I found it disappointing. It felt rushed, at least what was aired. Where the other tributes and segments had a good pace, everything about the Eagles segment seemed rushed for time. Verses were cut out, the "Hotel California" solo was cut, everything was just edited for time. It ruined it for me. I'm glad they were honored, but as a fan it was just disappointing to watch.

I knew they were going to cut verses and bridges from songs. I wasn't surprised. Plus we don't know if they edited the songs for broadcast. The performers might had did it that. I didn't feel it was rushed. I guess I should posted what I said on facebook on here.

I enjoyed it. I thought all the performers did a great job. I thought I was going to cry, but I didn't. Seeing Cindy enjoying herself put a smile on my face. I loved seeing the guys enjoying themselves too. I wonder if Joe knew if Ringo was going to introduce them. That's a big secret to keep from your brother in law. LOL I would had loved to seen the guys faced when Ringo told them Linda was doing the narration.

Bob tore Heartache Tonight up. HE did a great job. Glenn would had been so proud of his mentor. IT was good to see Joe doing the ohh ohh.

I loved seeing the audience singing along. Even some younger people were singing. James singing along and the president singing Life in the Fast Lane. I saw Gayle King singing along to all the songs.

Here's the order.
    Take It Easy
    Hotel California
    Peaceful Easy Feeling
    Heartache Tonight
    Life In The Fast Lane

It was a great show. I enjoyed everybody's tribute. I feel Glenn was there that night enjoying himself alongside his bandmates and family.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-28-2016 at 09:57 AM.

It was fun to watch. My brother texted me from NC, and he never does that about anything on tv, so....guess he loves them, too!! Yay!!
    I enjoyed it.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

I could have done with out all the shots of gayle king singing behind the president
    Why was she even there.....?....

Glad linda intrOduced
    Glad to see cindy and her daughter having fun

So so sad
    Hard to believe glenn is gone

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowland07 View Post
    I haven't read any of the other posts yet, but I found it disappointing. It felt rushed, at least what was aired. Where the other tributes and segments had a good pace, everything about the Eagles segment seemed rushed for time. Verses were cut out, the "Hotel California" solo was cut, everything was just edited for time. It ruined it for me. I'm glad they were honored, but as a fan it was just disappointing to watch.
    I agree
    Do one less songbut do it right
    I mean hotel is so Iconic
    I did enjoy james taylor alot

They did cut other honoree's songs too.

I was glad to see Cindy & Taylor enjoying themselves too, but tears came to my eyes during Heartache Tonight.

Sharon Henley seemed to be enjoying the show most of all.

True. They cut everybody's songs in half. Not just the Eagles. You're be lucky if they play a whole song. They do that every year.

I loved seeing Joe and Don's faces as Steve Vai and Steuart did that famous guitar duo. Even if the guitar duo was cut short, I'm glad they did leave in the ending.

The ending was funny.

I teared up when I heard Glenn's voice at the end of the introductory segment. A band for all time indeed. The music lives on.

Perhaps some of the tributes weren't ideal (although Vince Gill and Bob Seger were amazing) but I'm just glad they got this honor. I loved seeing them so celebrated, seeing people of all ages singing along, seeing them get the kudos they deserve from the highest level.

Most importantly, the guys themselves and their loved ones seemed to enjoy the tributes as well as be moved by them. They earned this.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I thought it was really nice. They always edit for time in this sort of televised show, I'm glad we got 5 songs instead of 4. Wouldn't want to cut any one of the songs they played.

Were Randy, Bernie and Felder even mentioned? I was so happy to hear Linda...I might have missed it.

Border Desperado

After seeing the other tributes, I expected the Eagles songs to be edited. While I would have loved to hear full versions, I thought all the performers were great. And Shun, I completely agree with you -- Bob Seger nailed HT! I could feel the emotion in his performance.

What a treat to see the audience all singing along to the songs, including James Taylor singing along to PEF and President Obama singing along to LITFL. It was heartwarming to see Cindy and Taylor having fun. They've been through so much this past year. All in all, IMO, it was a wonderful celebration of the influence and importance of the Eagles.