Quote Originally Posted by cynd1231 View Post
This is quite the black tie formal affair but I'm sure they all have a tux somewhere among their blue jeans and plaid shirts! I think it will be fantastic to see them dressed to the nines! And I have no doubt Marjorie will make sure Joe puts his best foot forward!

As for who will be handed the dubious honors of performing the tributes, my first thought was 'Oh, how I wish Linda was still able to perform.' I can't think of anyone else better suited to sing Desperado (and you KNOW someone will sing it)! It's not as if countless artists have done covers of any of their hits. But I'll be surprised if Jackson Browne isn't among the select few. Otherwise it's a tough call to speculate on. They've all individually worked with some remarkable people thru the years but as a whole the only name that comes to mind is Travis Tritt! Maybe they'll have him sing "Take It Easy" which I think would be awesome since working with him on the Common Threads cut played a part in hell freezing over!
Traditionally, artists who have been greatly influenced by the inductees are the ones who perform. Someone who decided they wanted to be an artist because of the Eagles, or someone who decided on a specific direction. That was why I was so surprised that Don performed for Billy Joel's induction. So contemporaries aren't out of the question.