Page 22 of 86 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Thread: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Default Re: Kennedy Centre Honorees

To tell the truth. I really didn't like Miranda's version. I like some of her songs, but her voice was kinda annoying when she did this song.

Also everybody. When they do the guys honor next year, we have to keep an open mind when it comes to the performer doing their version of the guys hits. Of course it won't be as good as the guys version or this song sounds better with this person. We have to keep an open mind when they do their twist on the song they will sing.

I'm looking forward to what songs will be sung and who will be singing it next year. Miranda was probably originally going to be one of the performers to pay tribute to the guys if they were able to come and I had a feeling Desperado was one of the songs.

Its going to be a very long 12 months, but I'm happy to know that the guys will be on the 2016 list of honorees.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-31-2015 at 06:21 PM.

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    Here's an article talking about Miranda singing Desperado.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...er-Honors.html

I actually like her version. No one can sing it like Don, or even Glenn, can, but I think that she did a pretty good job.

They seemed more interested in Miranda's appearance and love life than the song in this article!!!
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

I'm glad they got a bit of a tribute. I hope next year is bigger and better since they'll be there in attendance.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I'm confident they'll do it up right next year. I agree with shun though, nobody can perform our guy's music like they can, but we will, hopefully, still get a well done and creative tribute. I thought they did a great job with Carole King's tribute this year the way they told her story. Maybe the creator's of the Eagles' tribute can take a few pointers from that.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    To tell the truth. I really didn't like Miranda's version. I like some of her songs, but her voice was kinda annoying when she did this song.

Also everybody. When they do the guys honor next year, we have to keep an open mind when it comes to the performer doing their version of the guys hits. Of course it won't be as good as the guys version or this song sounds better with this person. We have to keep an open mind when they do their twist on the song they will sing.

I'm looking forward to what songs will be sung and who will be singing it next year. Miranda was probably originally going to be one of the performers to pay tribute to the guys if they were able to come and I had a feeling Desperado was one of the songs.

Its going to be a very long 12 months, but I'm happy to know that the guys will be on the 2016 list of honorees.
    How many songs are usually sung? I thought it was one song per honoree. Did anyone else sing any of Carole King's songs apart from Aretha's Natural Woman?

I'm more interested in seeing the Eagles with President Obama, to be honest.

Its usually between 4 to 6 songs the performers sing on the show. Let me rephrase that. The ones that are singers. I think they may have about 2 or 3 for the actors. The last song of the honoree's tribute is usually the big finale. A few examples: One year, during Led Zeppelin's tribute, a choir had on hats(I guess paying tribute to John Bonham) as they sung Stairway to Highway with Heart or during Billy Joel's tribute, they had the firemen and policemen I'm thinking from NYC sing Piano Man with Rufus Wainwright and all the performers who paid tribute to Billy. The last song of the honoree's tribute is usually wonderful, powerful and emotional. Usually their biggest hit.'

I'm also looking forward to the little reception they have at the White House with the president before the celebration. The president makes funny jokes about each honorees and what he likes about them if he knows about them. They usually post that on YouTube.

James Taylor sang Up on The Roof and he was built apartment with him singing on the roof. Another woman sang I think it was When You Still Love Me Tomorrow. I can't remembered. I have to find the clip on YouTube. Sara Bernellius(SP?) sang You've Got A Friend.

If the musical comes out next year, maybe the performers from their musical will do what they did with Carole King. I thought that was clever and inventive. I've never seen anything like that before.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-31-2015 at 08:28 PM.

Stuck on the Border

OK, thanks for clarifying that, but frankly I would rather the Eagles be honoured by established musicians rather than the people who may be in this musical.

Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I wasn't impressed with her performance and, IMO, she appeared to be attempting to channel Linda Ronstadt with the clothes and hair.
    I just need a little downtime.........

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Miranda wasn't that bad, but Aretha blew me away with her version of Natural Woman. I really enjoyed seeing Carole's reaction to her as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchy Woman View Post
    Miranda wasn't that bad, but Aretha blew me away with her version of Natural Woman. I really enjoyed seeing Carole's reaction to her as well.
    Carole's reaction was priceless. I really enjoyed that, too.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you