Page 85 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3575818283848586 LastLast

Thread: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Default Re: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Thanks for the reminder, shun. A well deserved honor.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

One day this past week, I watched the band's televised presentation for their Kennedy Center Honors in order to celebrate the anniversary. I really enjoyed watching it even though it is always bittersweet that Glenn did not live to receive the honor himself.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I still have the special on my DVR. I really enjoyed the whole thing not just the Eagles.

I'll be watching this year's at the end of the month. I want to see Cher and Reba's tribute.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I used to have the special on my DVR.... and then my DVR blew up last weekend.

I'm really sad not to have this saved anymore.

3 years ago today, the Eagles was named as one of the five honorees for the class of 2016 KCH.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    3 years ago today, the Eagles was named as one of the five honorees for the class of 2016 KCH.
    Were they named as honorees three years ago today? For some reason, I thought it was closer to Glenn's death. Of course, June is pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Were they named as honorees three years ago today? For some reason, I thought it was closer to Glenn's death. Of course, June is pretty close.
    https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...nap-story.html

Thanks. It was sweet of you to take the time to Google that. In reality, I should have done that myself, but I am so lazy I would rather just take shun's word for it and assume I'm just remembering wrong! Typically that is the case. lol

The second time it was 3 years ago. I don't remembered the first date when Glenn was alive.

I think i was off a day because I think we didn't get the comment from the guys until the next day I think. The memory popped up on my facebook page yesterday that's how I knew.

ETA: OK. I found the date. July 15th was the date when they were first announced to be in the class of 2015 before they postponed it until 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    The second time it was 3 years ago. I don't remembered the first date when Glenn was alive.

I think i was off a day because I think we didn't get the comment from the guys until the next day I think. The memory popped up on my facebook page yesterday that's how I knew.

ETA: OK. I found the date. July 15th was the date when they were first announced to be in the class of 2015 before they postponed it until 2016.
    Oh, OK. That's why I was confused. They first announced it before Glenn died, then postponed it. I remember now.