Page 11 of 86 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Quote Originally Posted by Lacken101 View Post
    Why would you assume Don's wife would not be there with him? It's Don's highest honor so why wouldn't she be there unless there is a valid reason for her not to be???
    I hope she is there. It's just that she is never seen in public.

I agree with all previous sentiments expressed about being proud of the achievements of the current band members & that this shouldn't be turned into a slanging match.

As for who does the songs I really would like to see people the Eagles have influenced rather than the usual suspects like Souther, Browne, etc. Let's see someone different.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I agree with the sentiments that we should just accept and enjoy.

I like to think that Glenn and Don would stand up for Tim and Joe but that doesn't mean I believe that's what happened here.

By "political", I thought F50 was using it as a more general term rather than referring to politicians. I'm sure there's a lot of politics involved the honours committee, not least to ensure they get the right mix of ethnicity but also to ensure that different arts are represented.

I doubt there's much negotiation but I wouldn't be surprised if there is a discreet enquiry as to whether an offer would be accepted before the announcement is made. During that exchange, there might be some clarification of exactly who was to be honored.

BTW, isn't the Smithsonian where you find dinosaurs?
    Now that definition of political, I will agree with.

The Smithsonion is huge and nearly beyond description. It is the world's largest museum and research complex, with 19 museums, 9 research centers, and affiliates around the world, and while I copied that from their website, it is not inclusive of the things they have their fingers in as well, like the Kennedy Center.

Here is a link to the website. If you're ever in the US for a month, it would be a good place to visit.

http://www.si.edu/
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

On my only visit to Washington in 1981 we went to the Kennedy Centre & were proud to see some magnficent tapestries by Australian artist John Coburn. I remember a large bronze bust of President Kennedy. We found it interesting that it wasn't far from the Watergate Building!

Quote Originally Posted by Lacken101 View Post
    VA - I agree with you - I'm taking this as a really great honor for the group (all 4 current members) where the decision was made on who was nominated by the Kennedy Centre committee and I for one, am going to enjoy the build up to it - well as much as I can see from this side of the pond

I'm just off that as usual, anything involving the group and awards/acknowledgements has to dissolve into a debate about whether or not Felder and Bernie/Randy should be included. And I'll throw my tuppence worth in - I think Bernie and Randy should be recognized in some way as they were involved in the start of the bands amazing journey but that is not likely to happen in this case as the Eagles themselves don't have any say in what happens, so maybe we should just sit back and enjoy the build up and the speculation
    I'm going to speculate, but it's probably will happen. Like I said earlier, they will probably mention Bernie, Randy and even Don F name in the package they do before the performance. They do a little history of the honoree before the tribute. They probably mention some of the guys hometown, how they came together. So I won't be surprise if Linda is mention. If they won't mention their names in the package, I have a feeling they will show footage of Randy, Bernie, and Don F.

Since I'm posting on my phone, I can't link an example of a package they do about the honoree. I can do it when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I hope she is there. It's just that she is never seen in public.

I agree with all previous sentiments expressed about being proud of the achievements of the current band members & that this shouldn't be turned into a slanging match.

As for who does the songs I really would like to see people the Eagles have influenced rather than the usual suspects like Souther, Browne, etc. Let's see someone different.
    She probably will be there. She did go to the MusiCares thing. Even though we didn't see pictures of her with Don, he did mention his family was there. I wouldn't be surprise of the guys bring their children. I've seen pictures of the honorees whole family. They may not sit with their parents, but they probably be somewhere near them. Not saying they will be there, I wouldn't be surprise if they go.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I'm going to speculate, but it's probably will happen. Like I said earlier, they will probably mention Bernie, Randy and even Don F name in the package they do before the performance. They do a little history of the honoree before the tribute. They probably mention some of the guys hometown, how they came together. So I won't be surprise if Linda is mention. If they won't mention their names in the package, I have a feeling they will show footage of Randy, Bernie, and Don F.

Since I'm posting on my phone, I can't link an example of a package they do about the honoree. I can do it when I get home.
    They mentioned the others and Linda in the Press Release, but not as honorees.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I think this is a legitimate question to ponder - IF Randy, Bernie and Don F. were given the opportunity, today, to make their case before "the Committee" that they should be included in the honor and should appear in the theater on the evening, seated next to Don, Glenn, Tim and Joe, would they take the opportunity and try to make a case for themselves?

Randy - ??
    Bernie - perhaps, he's touring with them now
    Don F. - yes! no? Not sure about this one!!

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

From my impression of Don Felder from his book, I would believe that he would plead his case.

Bernie, possibly. I really don't know.

Randy, given his health problems and ongoing struggles, I would be inclined to think that he wouldn't do it.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I guess this is speculation on behalf of the guys, and it may not be appropriate for this thread, sorry. It just seemed a natural follow up question (for me anyway) in response to the issue of which members are included.

Default Re: Kennedy Centre Honourees

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Fantastic! Sounds like it will be the current members only.

I have a friend who works this event every year and is backstage with the honorees, perhaps I should volunteer my services??
    I'll be glad to volunteer with you MC😀😀